Passport [ECR] required

Rohan7

Disciple
Hello people,

I just got my passport and on the last page it says ECR required. Originally i did not have any idea what it was but then my brother law told me that about the whole thing how the immigration people gonna fry me if i go somewhere. Can anyone throw some light on this as i don't wanna be in trouble or waiting in a stupid room for long hours

Go to passport office (not passport seva kendra) with ur 10th 12th graduation marksheets and ask them to remove that and put a ECNR

10th pass marksheet is required for getting a ECNR. Otherwise it will not be very easy, and you will be subject to their scrutiny. Basically, they want to know if you a a Emigration Risk or not.

I have done my passport in 2005 and mine has ECNR and the agent at that time had told that 10th SSC certificate is necessary to get the ECNR stamp.
But my question is that how the stamp matters and how can one's Emigration (Immigration ? are they same ?) risk be ascertained by educational qualifications.

Not really related....
Also whenever i have returned from abroad, we need to fill that immigration form in the flight, there is a tick for ECNR whose language is very confusing so i always leave that box and do nothing, fortunately never faced issue or probably the Indian officers don't bother checking :p

Back