Laptops Pathetic Acer Service support

gauz88

Disciple
I bought an acer 5738z notebook pc in july'09 and hve been facing battery issues with my laptop for the past 2-3 months as reported in this thread.

http://www.techenclave.com/laptops/acer-5738-battery-issues-160132.html

Now its been a month since i lodged a complaint with acer to replace my battery to which they agreed.(Complaint lodged on 15th feb 2010)
after having sent emails to the service center guys, the mumbai office, acer online support and their warehouse in bangalore from where they supposedly dispatch stuff, i have been told the battery is not in stock.
Earlier i was told the battery has been dispatched and possibly misplaced by the courier company, then i was assured i will be gettin my battery by the second week of march which ofcourse i didnt.

What am i supposed to do? I get a battery backup time of 10-15 mins now.
It pains me to see how these guys treat customers in india and get away with it.
Acer lappys are great value for money but what do you do if something goes wrong?
The Service support is absolutely pathetic to say the least.They promise to deliver you your lappy back within 3 business days and now its been a bloody month.:mad:

The first problem that crops up with Acer laptops concerns the battery. The next most common one is the DVD drive not working.

I had the same problem, and Acer service center people took 3 weeks to finally replace my battery. They, obviously, said it would take just 2 weeks but considering their attitude I surmised that it would be more than that.

For you it has been exactly a month. If there was any way other than simply waiting for it, I would tell you. Unfortunately there isn't any other way.

Sit tight and pray that you get your new battery pack soon.

does your battery worked normally on earlier and failed after few months ?

In Mumbai Codeicon IT solutions have decent reviews for Acer support, does you gave to them or else,Its not a concern about just Acer, many brands started to behave as above on recent times, many people are still waiting just like you.The main problem is in India thier main target is "JUST SELL"" and make money,service is thier third option.

The main reason is that Govt:does not make any policies for them just like in US,EU & in Singapore.So they can do whatever they wish,customer has no strong support or rights here .Also they dont have India specific service policy too !

Unless these things gets fixed by Govt:These gimmicks will continue !

Yes it worked fine till a few months back. I read this guide on TE to check the battery life by typing "powercfg -energy" in the command prompt.Earlier the battery efficiency was ~85% but it kept reducing and reached a stage where the battery life was only 25-30 mins.I visited Aforeserve in Navi Mumbai. The service center guys were pretty helpful and forthcoming.

Its actually a mess created by the zonal mumbai office which is at andheri.

The lady in charge there wont call me back with an update.Bangalore warehouse can only be contacted via email and even they wont reply to emails.

And the customer care is an absolute rubbish.

Anyways, i just sent an email to Acer india MD updating him on the issue. Lets see if this works.

normally acer people will only reply to emails from acer dealers only, they gives priority to thier "customers" only,you can also send emails to chip/digit mail in editors column so that they can publish ur concern for a wide & speedy support.

Update: I got a call from Acer now and they say, they will get the laptop battery personally delivered to me by tomorrow afternoon.

The email to Acer MD seems to have done the trick :hap2:

Good for you... I believe if they give good support Acer can rise from being a cheap company to a good company :) On that note I wanna open my Aspire One.. giving a weird buzzing noise.

Back