Laptops pathetic dell service on Premium Latitude(under complete Cover)

tallyme

Disciple
Here is a description of dell technical support aka MY DELL HELL

I have a latitude d430
for which i regretably bought complete cover

There was a huge power surge at my home on night 1-2 sep 11, I lost a vacuum cleaner and a TV also got damaged due to the surge.
prior to the incident the laptop was giving me a problem that it would just blink rapidly and shutdown and subsequently (after ni 1-2 sep ) the laptop wouldnt switch on at all

First Complaint. (02 Sep 11)

I lodged the first complaint on 02 Sep via chat support in which the agent Merven_Pena refused to send an onsite engineer , after 30 mins of chatting she agreed to send an engineer with the motherboard replacement on the next Business day , The onsite technician arrived with a motherboard on 08 Sep ie after 4 Business days , he just replaced the motherboard and did not check the laptop as the Power Brick had also developed a fault.

Second Complaint (08 Sep)
As the Power adapter was also faulty I was told by the Engineer and an online executive to manage a adapter on my own and check the system for functionality
i lodged a complaint for a replacement power adapter, after being on hold for 30 mins and being asked to purchase a new power adapter as "alledgedly my power adapter was out of warranty" an exception was made for replacement of my power adapter when i lost my Cool.

Third complaint (09 sep)
I checked the laptop with the power adapter , the computer did not switch on at all i contacted the customer support Via tele ...my call got disconnecterd after 25 mins ...the customer service professional did not care to call back.

Fourth Complaint (09 sep)
I sent a Email to dell tech support through their website, i got a automated email Case #: 20110909090330139
I did not recieve any response from any executive till 13th morning
Fifth Complaint (13th sep)
i again contacted dell customer care on 13th sep through Chat ...
i requested as My system was Under complete cover and the turnaround time was so long for repair , that my system be picked up , faults rectified at the dell centre , and the system be sent back, The customer agent Merven_Pena refused to accept this stating that the problem was not of power surges... "AM I A LIAR ??" she agreed to send an engineer on The NBD to See the problem....the engineer Visited on SATURDAY 17th Sep but was still not able to resolve the issue....Since it was a saturday the engineer was not able to contact dell service for help...

THE ISSUES HERE

1. Dell support in india dosent honour service contracts...(Complete cover explicticly covers surges) then why am i being denied support on that font.

2. NBD Support is a farce and is only limited to metros, people like me have to wait for 5 Business days before any support.

3. Dell sells warranties it has no intention to honor(justice n service delayed is service denied as i feel it ).

4. Customer service professionals have scripted responses and don't listen to customers.....signifying the customers are ignorant fools/LIARS is that the case here ???

i have now escalated the issue
lets see how n when my hell gets over

will keep you guys posted

Even their sales team is lazy and inefficient. Didn't bother to respond to my query about purchasing a laptop.

Finally bought a Thinkpad. Dell can go to hell. :bleh:

@OP, I work for Dell. Can you please send me the following details:

Customer's Email Address
Phone Number
Country of Purchase
Order Number*
Customer Number*
Case Number or Service Tag*

What does the customer say failed in the front line?

---------------------------

I will report this and will let you know the update.

Back