PayPal does not accept HDFCBank NetSafe cards anymore ?

Guys I need help with Paypal.
I had made payment couple of times with Paypal and once a year back I had used my original Debit Card and it didn't accept it. Then I created a VCC and made the payment and then removed the card from the Linked card list. For a couple of purchases the transactions went smooth but after that my payments got refunded and my account was limited to make or receive payments and the Resolution centre said that the bank has said they have noticed unusual activity. I made another account and that also got limited. Since then I could not buy anything from eBay USA. What should I do?
I want to further clarify that my Account was not verified.
Now, I have made another Account and also wanted to link my Debit card but it is showing the same error as the card cannot be linked or is being used by another Account. I just want to know if I verify the same Bank Account and then make Netsafe Card for making Payments. Will it work?
Also, Do you delete the Netsafe card from your linked card list after the purchase?
I cannot just test it because whenever I click Buy it Now on eBay.com it takes me to the page where I need to Confirm that I am entering into a Contract to pay for the product and defaulting will lead to Account suspension and other cases. Please guide me how should I proceed.
Thanks

^ IMO, instead of creating a new account each time, you should contact PayPal and ask them how you can get the account activated again. Maybe they will need some ID and Address proof documents from you. I have been having my PayPal account for a few years now and I don't use Netsafe very frequently but sometimes in a month I have used it 6-7 times and never had a problem.

So once you have your account in good standing, they wouldn't care much about the adding/removing cards. Btw I do not remove the Netsafe cards. They will automatically get removed once the card expires which will be after 3-4 months.

varkey said:
^ IMO, instead of creating a new account each time, you should contact PayPal and ask them how you can get the account activated again. Maybe they will need some ID and Address proof documents from you. I have been having my PayPal account for a few years now and I don't use Netsafe very frequently but sometimes in a month I have used it 6-7 times and never had a problem.

So once you have your account in good standing, they wouldn't care much about the adding/removing cards. Btw I do not remove the Netsafe cards. They will automatically get removed once the card expires which will be after 3-4 months.
Thanks Varkey, the thing was that the card was in the name of my father and The A/c I made was in my name.
Now I have made an A/c that is name of my father the address that I gave also corresponds to my bank's address. The only problem is I cannot add my Debit Card due to being used with multiple A/c's.

^ Oh ok. But the Netsafe cards are not tied to the account holder's name. You can give any name and it will still be accepted.

Regarding the Debit Card, you need to remove it from the previous account, only then you can add to another account. If that account is disabled you won't be able to remove it.

I would suggest you to send a detailed mail to PayPal mentioning the all the accounts you have had till now and ask them to close it and remove all cards and bank accounts from them.

Hi, whenever we add a VCC card for payment with Paypal, it creates a new credit card listing. I guess Paypal takes it as I am paying with different Credit card each time. My question is how many of these credit card listings can go on and will Paypal eventually ban my account seeing new CC used each time for payment.

Note: I have not linked any bank account yet with Paypal. Completed the verification process by generating HDFC VCC.

Crossx said:
Hi, whenever we add a VCC card for payment with Paypal, it creates a new credit card listing. I guess Paypal takes it as I am paying with different Credit card each time. My question is how many of these credit card listings can go on and will Paypal eventually ban my account seeing new CC used each time for payment.

Note: I have not linked any bank account yet with Paypal. Completed the verification process by generating HDFC VCC.

PayPal requires you to have a physical card in your account, so how many times you can get away with just a VCC, depends on your luck. If they notice you adding too many cards your account will get limited and you need to work with them.

Regardless of you the VCC verifcation, you need to add the bank account.

Hey Varkey, As you know I am not able to add my HDFC Bank Debit Card to Paypal but now I have successfully added my Bank Account and confirmed it. I have also generated a VCC to confirm the credit card. Now can I go ahead and make a purchase using a VCC?

I add my Standard chartered debit card and bank to paypal both verified, but I can't make a payment because my bank does not allow it. I just want to ask is VVC card work with paypal because every time it will generated new card, so paypal ban my account. Any suggestion. If I added physical card then I have to pay item cost plus transaction cost (some one told, I understand which I have pay item cost but I don't about transaction cost)

I am using icici b2 ewallet which is visa vcc for paypal , best thing about this card is the cc no remains the same & you have to fill the wallet from your b2 bank a/c , so paypal wont find out its vcc as card no will always remain unchanged.

I add my Standard chartered debit card and bank to paypal both verified, but I can't make a payment because my bank does not allow it. I just want to ask is VVC card work with paypal because every time it will generated new card, so paypal ban my account. Any suggestion. If I added physical card then I have to pay item cost plus transaction cost (some one told, I understand which I have pay item cost but I don't about transaction cost)

If its just 2-3 VCCs every 3 months, then it should be fine.

Any transaction in a foreign currency will be charged 3-3.5% as currency conversion fees whether it is by VCC or physical credit / debit card. But when using PayPal you can opt to be charged in INR, in this case the exchange rate used by PayPal will be marked up by 2.5% but bank won't charge anything extra.

Unfortunately my bank does not provide the VCC service both ST and SBI. That why I'm thinking take Credit card but I don't know others charges ?

^^^Credit Cards can attract lot of additional charges plus there will be additional physical spending using the card.

While if you open an ordinary HDFC or Kotak Savings a/c, you'll get VCC with which you can do your online shopping at no additional expense. HDFC Savings a/c has no charges if you keep the minimum balance. Don't know about Kotak.

Btw. ICICI too has VCC but only in their purely online a/c. If you can get that then its the best option.

^^^Credit Cards can attract lot of additional charges plus there will be additional physical spending using the card.

While if you open an ordinary HDFC or Kotak Savings a/c, you'll get VCC with which you can do your online shopping at no additional expense. HDFC Savings a/c has no charges if you keep the minimum balance. Don't know about Kotak.

Btw. ICICI too has VCC but only in their purely online a/c. If you can get that then its the best option.

I just only want CC for paypal and for site like amazon and mp4nation. Just for example if I purchased a item worth $100 then I have to pay $100 + any other cost ? However if i used my CC to purchase any goods and clear the CC dues next day then bank will charged me any extra amount ?

Sorry I don't understand the ICICI purely online a/c thing.

^^ Thanks, I try to register with ICICI Online but unfortunately in U.P only two cities are allow to use this service and mine was not listed.

AFAIK ICICI B2 banking facing some technical issues.Even though it shows link to apply for new b2 a/c , the request will be forwarded to regular savings a/c.

HDFC master bin vcc is working perfectly, just go to bank and ask them to issue master debitcard so that you can generate vcc with master bin
<

Hi,

I have two quick questions.

1. While adding the HDFC vcc card to the paypal account(ie. while adding funds to the already verified account), what should be the billing address to be given? Any suggetsions.

2. Anybody experienced that the paypal account is limited since paypal requires credit card statement.

Thanks

Abi

^ Oh ok. But the Netsafe cards are not tied to the account holder's name. You can give any name and it will still be accepted.

Regarding the Debit Card, you need to remove it from the previous account, only then you can add to another account. If that account is disabled you won't be able to remove it.

I would suggest you to send a detailed mail to PayPal mentioning the all the accounts you have had till now and ask them to close it and remove all cards and bank accounts from them.

^

1. You can give any billing address. The HDFC VCC is not tied to a specific billing address. I have used it different names, addresses and never faced a problem.

2. Yes, if you use too many VCCs or for any reason, they may ask for statement. You can tell them its a VCC created from your own bank account and show the Netsafe transaction history and the savings account statement.

Back