PayTM doesn't even respond to tweets or emails :@

^I know.. i'm just kidding... Anyways my online purchases are like this now, Always amazon (fullfilled), PayTM only for recharge, FK only for exclusive mobiles.

Does snapdeal take mobile returns, my friend wants to return meizu mx5 delivered two days back, Customer care tells they won't accept return of mobiles

Does snapdeal take mobile returns, my friend wants to return meizu mx5 delivered two days back, Customer care tells they won't accept return of mobiles
I think Snapdeal explicitly writes on the listing page if they won't accept return for the said item. Btw, even Flipkart doesn't returns mobile phone.

@Harpy.eagle where do you stay?

Yes, it's not much of a problem if a small amount is stuck in wallet, instead of safely returned to bank account. But when credit card is involved, you end up dealing with double the money.

Paytm has no right to keep the money in wallet and charge for bank transfers if the end user doesn't have the product. Original amount should be returned to the source of payment for issues like transaction failure, item returns etc. Cashbacks can be kept in wallet and charged for transfer because this money doesn't belong to the end user. I use credit card for online shopping and because of paytm's own issues, my bank account gets debited twice.

I am from Pune.

I am not arguing with what you are saying. Paytm has no right. But who has time to run around to solve problem as per our satisfaction? Problem is consumer protection law enforcement only. How much time and energy person would spend on the issue. Its not the case where paytm is not refunding money at all. As i said, refunded wallet amount can be used on lot of other sites now so its not a huge issue. One can even transfer it to friends account who uses paytm frequently. Once we get amount in our account lot of options are there to work on it.

@avi, i think cashback meant for purchase is normally given as soon as item is shipped so you must have got it by now. Its the 'net amount' you actually paid which you should expect refund.

I am from Pune.
i've been reading a lot of stone-instead-of-phone kind of horror stories, so wanted to know your location. couriers are notorious down south. thankfully, i've come around nice and hardworking couriers in NCR. only faced issues with postal guys - they like to keep other people's stuff for themselves :p

The overall UI of paytm site makes it look fishy....many details regarding the seller and the product are absent...no individual in his right mind can buy from paytm...just because prices are low and cashback offers, ppl forget using common sense...it's like buying a chinese copy of iphone just because prices are low and they are offering cashbacks.[emoji12]

Eek, read this thread after buying some stuff off paytm. Seller and price was similar to Amazon. Only difference was the cb. Things were already looking bad when the seller used Delhivery as courier.

Now have to fervently pray to God to even receive my item.

@avi, i think cashback meant for purchase is normally given as soon as item is shipped so you must have got it by now. Its the 'net amount' you actually paid which you should expect refund.
I don't want 'net amount', I want whatever amount I have paid. I don't cashback. How cashback is valid if transaction has gone bad?

The Kindle was listed at 9k, with 1.4K as cashback. So I paid, 9k. I want 9K back. Simple as that.

Try sending a pvt msg to paytm on facebook. They reply over there in few hours. Msg the whole issue with ur user id on paytm and mobile number

I don't want 'net amount', I want whatever amount I have paid. I don't cashback. How cashback is valid if transaction has gone bad?

The Kindle was listed at 9k, with 1.4K as cashback. So I paid, 9k. I want 9K back. Simple as that.

See, after your order was shipped, u must have got 1.4k cash back in ur paytm account. And since deal didn't go through right, paytm is now giving you remaining amount of 9k which u had paid.

They might be giving you entire total amount in paytm wallet that can be issue for u, I agree but they can't pay you more than 9k. That's what I implied earlier.

And of course I am not representing paytm. I am not their cc. I was just explaining based on my experience.

^Dude I don't want more than 9K. And I don't want wallet either.

See, after your order was shipped, u must have got 1.4k cash back in ur paytm account. And since deal didn't go through right, paytm is now giving you remaining amount of 9k which u had paid.
Yes and this is wrong. They should empty my wallet and send the remaining also.

OR is this business model?

1. Order something on PayTM
2. Get cashback in wallet
3. Order goes wrong
4. PayTM refunds you rest of the money
5. And it gets to keep your cashback amount in wallet

Last edited:
i just lost 1 hour trying to do a recharge to avail of 75 off on 500 cashback code. the site kept freezing when i went to pay, finally it froze my pc & i had to do a hard reboot, then when payment finally went through in order details its not showing the cashback code has been applied even though it did in order page before i paid.

& now i saw this thread.

lesson learnt not do deal with such sites. dont know how they manage to raise all that capital. seems like a bunch of scamsters

^Dude I don't want more than 9K. And I don't want wallet either.

1. Order something on PayTM
2. Get cashback in wallet
3. Order goes wrong
4. PayTM refunds you rest of the money
5. And it gets to keep your cashback amount in wallet

You are missing something here:
Steps 1 and 2 is an agreement.
You fulfilled your part of promise, that is step 1. And they fulfill their part of agreement, step 2.
Now understand this: This cashback is not a charity to you, neither its a loan to you.
Who owns this cashback? @avi owns it. This is undisputable.
Now when the order goes wrong, who has faulted in the original agreement?
They should take back their faulty product and
return the original amount, without thinking of the cashback (because its @avi's property).

Back