Budget 21-30k PC Build for shop billing purpose

Ssreek

Adept
So one of my friends is looking to get a new PC including a monitor with a budget of 30K. The purpose is for his shop.
He visited a popular store and below is the quote they have given. Help me fine-tune this config or let me know if we can proceed with the build they quoted.

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • A very old Pentium based pc
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i3-10th gen F model (without built-in graphics)
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte 410M
    • GPU - Shop people haven't mentioned model, but they said MSI/Asus. Probably a cheaper gpu.
    • PSU - Some model from "Fantech/Frontech" brand
    • RAM - DDR4 8GB
    • SSD - EVM 512GB
    • Dell wired keyboard & mouse
    • Acer/Dell Monitor
    • ATX Cabinet
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Probably would be adding a hard disk later
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Hyderabad/Bengaluru/Online
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Shop billing
    • Browsing
    • MS Excel
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • None
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Any good basic 19-inch monitor
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 / Windows 10

Just a recommendation, why don't you get a NUC or some miniPC. It will be clutter free. You can mount the NUC behind many monitors too which support VESA mounting thingy.
A friend is using this one with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD for something similar.

Last edited:
Just a recommendation, why don't you get a NUC or some miniPC. It will be clutter free. You can mount the NUC behind many monitors too which support VESA mounting thingy.
A friend is using this one with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD for something similar.
Never used these and have barely any idea.
Are these usable for shop billing software and excel purpose? These devices seem to have mobile version of processors and I heard they heat a lot.

Never used these and have barely any idea.
Are these usable for shop billing software and excel purpose? These devices seem to have mobile version of processors and I heard they heat a lot.
I use my 11th gen NUC for some light gaming at times, they're so powerful. Excel would barely wake it up from sleep.

The only issue with NUCs are that they're harder to service if something goes wrong. The processor is soldered down, so can't be replaced or upgraded.

Is recommend looking at some used dell optiplex machine. You can get them for quite cheap. Look for 8th gen i3 or i5 machines. 10th gen i3 is good though, if space is not a concern. It will last you a very long time for your use.

I use my 11th gen NUC for some light gaming at times, they're so powerful. Excel would barely wake it up from sleep.

The only issue with NUCs are that they're harder to service if something goes wrong. The processor is soldered down, so can't be replaced or upgraded.
If it's soldered then definitely gonna be troublesome for upgrades.

Is recommend looking at some used dell optiplex machine. You can get them for quite cheap. Look for 8th gen i3 or i5 machines. 10th gen i3 is good though, if space is not a concern. It will last you a very long time for your use.
Yes, looked at these optiplex machines. Do you think they hold well without giving any troubles? Shop guy had only one i5 3rd gen old one, so we will search for somewhat newer optiplex machines. I don't think i5 3rd gen would stay useful for long.

Yes, looked at these optiplex machines. Do you think they hold well without giving any troubles? Shop guy had only one i5 3rd gen old one, so we will search for somewhat newer optiplex machines. I don't think i5 3rd gen would stay useful for long.
I wouldn't recommend anything older than 7th gen. 8th gen would be my personal recommendation. These machines can use DDR4 RAM, providing overall better performance and possibility of easy upgrade in future. With DDR5 coming into the market, DDR3 is going to become ever harder to find as time goes on.

Buying at a store would be best as you can inspect the machine before purchase. But you can check on Amazon. They have quite a few 7th and 8th gen machine. For refurbished products, pay more attention to the ratings of the seller rather than the product itself, since each piece is different. You should be able to pick one up for 16-18k.

I wouldn't recommend anything older than 7th gen. 8th gen would be my personal recommendation. These machines can use DDR4 RAM, providing overall better performance and possibility of easy upgrade in future. With DDR5 coming into the market, DDR3 is going to become ever harder to find as time goes on.

Buying at a store would be best as you can inspect the machine before purchase. But you can check on Amazon. They have quite a few 7th and 8th gen machine. For refurbished products, pay more attention to the ratings of the seller rather than the product itself, since each piece is different. You should be able to pick one up for 16-18k.
Will search in stores tomorrow. Maybe we could find some new ones below 11th gen.

Back