Budget 41-50k PC building for the first time (budget)

star_lord

Recruit
Hi people

Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600g
GPU - 1660 Super or 1080ti or RX 6600
Motherboard - B450 chipset any reputable board
RAM - 16gb 3200 mhz
Monitor - Any gaming monitor with medium high fps
PSU - reputable brand 600 Watts

I wanted to play pubg PC from the day it released but I was a student stuck in JEE rat race and couldn't play no games. But now that I have graduated I can make my wishes come true and want to start playing. I watch a lot of live streams and gamers online. So, now I am a newbie to PC building and and would need some advice from you veterans.

Anyone here on techenclave play pubg or any fps games, I would be happy to connect.

Last edited by a moderator:
no hard feeling towards AMD folks, assuming... for fist time building pc yourself (+ no support from any tech person), better go with Intel. ... my friend who has 20 yrs experience with PC software & hardware get frustrated with AMD/MSI (he is intel fan boy) .. some time with hardware and latter with software installation etc., though he didn't explain in detail still ...

I'm not gamer but read somewhere that Intel is better than AMD with single thread games.. AMD users please do not bomb me as just trying to help op to decide best

Why are you opting for a G processor and a GPU as well? Is there any scenario where you think you'll need the integrated GPU and the discrete GPU both?

What's your basis for 600W PSU? I don't think you'll need that with the specs provided.

You also haven't mentioned a requirement for storage - do you need any minimum specs or just a single boot ssd would do?

If you're on a budget, I'd definitely suggest looking through the marketplace here for some good deals. GPUs, processors, RAM, everything is listed. You can either chose to save money or chose to get some high performance hardware by taking the used route.

Why are you opting for a G processor and a GPU as well? Is there any scenario where you think you'll need the integrated GPU and the discrete GPU both?
If performance dip is not a concern, having an iGPU is great to have the machine still remain functional while the GPU is being delivered / RMA'd / swapped / repaired.

It is also reported that the iGPU can help with streaming and encoding.

What's your basis for 600W PSU? I don't think you'll need that with the specs provided.

You also haven't mentioned a requirement for storage - do you need any minimum specs or just a single boot ssd would do?
I am not planning to buy gpu and other parts together. I will be buying a gpu later and hence I will need integrated graphics at least for doing regular tasks on my computer.

5600G is actually enough for 60fps in most competitive games, since they are extremely well optimized. Overwatch 2, Valorant and CS GO are some games that work fine with a 5600G. Even if you plan on upgrading to a GPU, a used GTX 1660 Super or RTX 2060 is plenty enough.
Maybe consider the iGPU route now and go with a dGPU later, unless you're serious about comp-
165hz monitors go for around 11.5k on flipkart from Acer, you could consider that.
Edit: A gaming laptop would actually make better sense than a desktop as well, since you'll be moving to college soon, and you'll definitely appreciate the benefits of a laptop over a PC.

Last edited:
5600G is actually enough for 60fps in most competitive games, since they are extremely well optimized. Overwatch 2, Valorant and CS GO are some games that work fine with a 5600G. Even if you plan on upgrading to a GPU, a used GTX 1660 Super or RTX 2060 is plenty enough.
Maybe consider the iGPU route now and go with a dGPU later, unless you're serious about comp-
165hz monitors go for around 11.5k on flipkart from Acer, you could consider that.
Edit: A gaming laptop would actually make better sense than a desktop as well, since you'll be moving to college soon, and you'll definitely appreciate the benefits of a laptop over a PC.
I have graduated and currently will live in my own place so I dont have any problem owning a desktop.

I wouldn't recommend buying an B450M for 5000 series AMD cpu's. To use B450M mb you must upgrade your motherboard bios which requires an 4000 series chip... It's better to go with B550 and save some trouble.
Last I checked, MSI's Max series is the revision of their B450 line with the BIOS to support Ryzen 5000 installed out of the box.

My bad - I thought I suggested MSI B450M A Pro Max mobo

Gigabyte's B450M DS3H doesn't have USB flash it seems. Even though their website says Ryzen 5000 support, better to get MSI's Max mobo.

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend buying an B450M for 5000 series AMD cpu's. To use B450M mb you must upgrade your motherboard bios which requires an 4000 series chip... It's better to go with B550 and save some trouble.
There are many B450 boards with usb flash support for BIOS. I have Asus tuf gaming B450. Also, shouldn’t these boards come with updated BIOS now? 5xxx chips came three years ago.

There are many B450 boards with usb flash support for BIOS. I have Asus tuf gaming B450. Also, shouldn’t these boards come with updated BIOS now? 5xxx chips came three years ago.
IMO most will have the latest BIOS, but why take the risk?

I updated my post with B550 mobo.

That's why I recommend Asus B450 A II to most people. It has a BIOS flashback button, so you don't have to install your CPU to update BIOS. BIOS flashing is something which a local computer shop can get done as well, or the manufacturer's service center can help as well.

Besides, for OP's use case, a B550 makes little sense over a B450.

Because B550 costs more than B450 and OP can use that money to get better GPU or more memory or storage. Also, what is the risk in taking B450 board with 5xxx chip?

Some B450 boards don't come with a 5000 series compatible BIOS out of the box, and don't support flashback, either. So in that case, you'll have to find an older gen chip and get it updated. MAX motherboards are the safest option.

Some B450 boards don't come with a 5000 series compatible BIOS out of the box, and don't support flashback, either. So in that case, you'll have to find an older gen chip and get it updated. MAX motherboards are the safest option.
So, pick a board that supports 5000 chips and supports BIOS flash using USB. Its not like there is only one B450 board. There are dozens of good boards.

So, pick a board that supports 5000 chips and supports BIOS flash using USB. Its not like there is only one B450 board. There are dozens of good boards.
I put Gigabyte B550M DS3H, its under 9k. For 2k over decent B450 mobo, you get 4 x RAM slots & 2x M2 slots. IMO not much you can do for an extra 2k when already spending 80k.

I put Gigabyte B550M DS3H, its under 9k. For 2k over decent B450 mobo, you get 4 x RAM slots & 2x M2 slots. IMO not much you can do for an extra 2k when already spending 80k.
2k can get you an extra 500GB SSD, or an upgrade to an RX 6700, or a case with better build quality, or more fans, or a better air cooler. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's OP spending the money.

Damn. This is good. I would definitely pay just a bit more for second M.2 slot (something that I miss in my B450 board).

Back