PC Complete security solution. What to get?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi.

I need complete PC security. What all to get? Anti Virus, Internet Security, Malware Protect?

I am open to buying license as long as i get updates and support. Please suggest the solutions.
I was using AVAST and AVG and all.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

What about Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 and Bitdefeneder Total Security 2014? But i am not able to get a digital copy for BitDefender.

What about Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 and Bitdefeneder Total Security 2014? But i am not able to get a digital copy for BitDefender.
Can't say about them, haven't used them, I've used (using) NIS so can only say about it, but have heard good words about Bitdefender :)

Used KIS for last 3 years, it is excellent. I was using this on my 10 yr old machine. No hogging of resources. Never had any issue regarding virus.
Now shifted to ESET nod32 as I good deal on Flipkart. This is also good .

Been using MSE without issues for quite some time now, pretty light and low on resources.
I think it's by far the best free security.

Other than that I have been a fan of Malwarebytes AntiMalware for scanning purposes only.

+1 for KIS.... using it for about 3-4 years.... never had any issues and never had to go for any other anti-malware programs.... worked flawlessly for me... :)

interesting thing would be to uninstall existing AV and installing any new AV. I was previously using Avast free edition when i decided to move to KIS. I was amazed to see that KIS caught and quarantined 3-4 virus from hard disk.

Based on my experience almost all antivirus without firewall protection are useless against dedicated attack. mostly the RAT servers are fully undetectable on all major antiviruses. if you have good firewall it will alert you even for zero day exploits. although the processes sometimes hook with common applications like firefox or chrome to make the victim believe that those browsers are trying to access the internet. but it does far better protection against just antivirus.

So KIS and ESET got more votes. Let me check the rates and review and decide. Thanks for all the input guys. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1384264057][/DOUBLEPOST]I read that KIS IS and BitDefender TS have firewalls in them. Isnt that enough.

If I were you, I'd mix and match the best

1)Get a genuine win 8.1/7 and keep it updated at all times
2)Get Kaspersky Antivirus or Bitdefender Antivirus
3)Comodo firewall (the best software firewall)
4)If you have a router, configure it for security,
even though software firewalls are quite great in synthetic tests, they'd actually be ineffective against real world threats
the only thing then which matters more than the rest is your router. Configure it so that it acts as your Hardware firewall.

5)Make backups of your PC , I'd recommend Paragon Hard Disk Manager suite/Professional

Back