Budget 51-70k Pc components build budget 65k to 75k

Hi everyone
I was using the ryzen 1 1700x since launch but recently my motherboard shorted out instead of getting a new mobo Ive decided to upgrade..
Currently I have a asus tuf 3070oc with a 750watts power supply and Kingston fury 32gb ddr4 ram. And i already have a good cm case so don't need that
My main use for the pc is
1) I'm a photographer so a lot of lightroom and photoshop along with some video editing with premier pro and after effects
2) casual gaming for gamepass games my cpu was bottleneck ing my 3070 so i couldn't even play games like cyberpunk and tbh after getting the ps5 I very occasionally game on pc

After much research I have decided to go for the
Intel i5 13 600k which is perfect for productivity and gaming at 1440p
The components I need are
1) a good full atx motherboard with a lot of storage slots and a little future proof
2) since apps like lightroom and photoshop are ram hogs I'm deciding on switching to ddr5 so a good 32gb ddr5 fast kit
3) a main fast 1tb ssd for the c drive windows
4) I've ordered the wd blue SN580 1tb as a secondary drive which I'm not counting in the budget also looking for another 2tb ssd in a budget.
5) a good cooler for the CPU
6) if it fits my budget a 4tb fast sata hdd or sata ssd

Doubts i have
1) I don't upgrade often so based on my workload I hope I made the right choice for cpu
2) will my power supply which is the cooler master rm 750 be enough to support my built
3) I'm a complete noob so please if u are suggesting try and keep it in layman terms
4) budget is a bit fixed upto 75k including cpu if u feel I should go for something else any suggestions are welcome
I need to buy the pc ASAP so please give ur suggestions
Thank you

Last edited:
all you need to spend on our these components:

1) i chose this case because it looks good and has 3 140mm and 1 120mm fan included.. you wouldnt need anymore.
2) re-use your ram.. the performance difference is not that big between ddr5 and ddr4.
3) chose this air cooler because it competes with the likes of nhd15 and looks good aswell.. or go with a 360mm aio.. a 360 will definetly perform better.. but everybodys preferences are different.
4) all these come under 55k right? so if you still have budget available what i would do is get an i7 instead.. but for an i7 i wouldnt go with that mobo.. you would definetly need something better.. so in this case you would need another 10k for the processor and another 5kish for a better mobo.

for your main drive get a 1tb sn850x or something.

I have also not picked the cheapest components available which might perform the same for eg the cooler is pretty expensive and the case is also expensive.. because im assuming if you are not going to upgrade for the coming years.. you want something that actually looks good sitting on the table and you wouldnt want to spend on these components again and agian.

Last edited:
all you need to spend on our these components:

1) i chose this case because it looks good and has 3 140mm and 1 120mm fan included.. you wouldnt need anymore.
2) re-use your ram.. the performance difference is not that big between ddr5 and ddr4.
3) chose this air cooler because it competes with the likes of nhd15 and looks good aswell.. or go with a 360mm aio.. a 360 will definetly perform better.. but everybodys preferences are different.
4) all these come under 55k right? so if you still have budget available what i would do is get an i7 instead.. but for an i7 i wouldnt go with that mobo.. you would definetly need something better.. so in this case you would need another 10k for the processor and another 5kish for a better mobo.

for your main drive get a 1tb sn850x or something.
I already have a case sorry I forgot to mention it
I just want the build to be future proof hence opted for ddr5 my overall budget for cpu mobo ram ssd is 65 to 75k

7900X based rig - 82k though

See if you can get it. 7900X is like 25-30% slower than 14700K but has an iGPU & on a platform that will get CPUs in future. Also, 14700K needs a 25k or so Z790 mobo with top notch VRMs because of its power draw & a 360mm AIO, which will push up the costs. If budget is an issue, use SN580 as boot drive for now & get a 2TB SSD later after some saving.
Thanks.. What if I want to stick to the i5 which z790 motherboard would u recommend and which cooler

Thanks.. What if I want to stick to the i5 which z790 motherboard would u recommend and which cooler
79k with Z790

72.5k - you lose out on OC (incl. UV) & 3rd M.2 slot mainly. IMO just get the i5 13500 instead, that is a better value for money CPU in my books.

FYI - 13500 scores around 21k & you need to enable 105W ECO mode on Ryzen 7000 X line
1705717238138.png

...since apps like lightroom and photoshop are ram hogs I'm deciding on switching to ddr5 so a good 32gb ddr5 fast kit
More RAM is better than faster RAM in this scenario. You could get 64gb DDR4 for the price of 32gb DDR5, which will be particularly helpful for video editing. DDR5 looks better on paper but not worth 2x the price

More RAM is better than faster RAM in this scenario. You could get 64gb DDR4 for the price of 32gb DDR5, which will be particularly helpful for video editing. DDR5 looks better on paper but not worth 2x the price
+1

For productivity, the impact of DDR5 vs DDR4 is almost negligible, gaming still has a small boost. If going Intel, might as well get DDR4 as it is a dead platform anyway. So when time comes for a CPU upgrade, you will anyway have to change mobo & RAM.

79k with Z790

72.5k - you lose out on OC (incl. UV) & 3rd M.2 slot mainly. IMO just get the i5 13500 instead, that is a better value for money CPU in my books.

FYI - 13500 scores around 21k & you need to enable 105W ECO mode on Ryzen 7000 X line
View attachment 188504
thanks a lot i have planned to go for the i5 13600k only not the 14th gen weird thing is the prices are both the same
wanted to ask arent there any good full atx motherboard i think the one u recomended is a micro atx
also does the z790 platform support both ddr4 and ddr5
and my main concern is will my corsair RM750 watts psu be enough for this righ along with the asus tuff gaming 3070 oc

I've run a 13700KF + 4090 on a 750Watt supply for a while.. so you are fine in that department.

Now:

14600K > 13600K -> simply because it has higher stock clocks and the pricing is probably almost the same aswell. its literally free performance.. idk why you wouldnt take it.

B760 = no overclocking ability. but RAM can be still be overclocked.
Z790 = overclocking ability.

The MSI B760-A Pro ATX is good enough and wont throttle even a 14900K.. VRM wise.. so you are also good in that department. You can look up benchmarks or motherboard reviews.. if curious.

both b760 and z790 have both ddr4 and ddr5 specific boards.. but a ddr5 board will only accept ddr5 and vice versa.

Last edited:
thanks a lot i have planned to go for the i5 13600k only not the 14th gen weird thing is the prices are both the same
wanted to ask arent there any good full atx motherboard i think the one u recomended is a micro atx
also does the z790 platform support both ddr4 and ddr5
and my main concern is will my corsair RM750 watts psu be enough for this righ along with the asus tuff gaming 3070 oc
If 13600K ^ 14600K are priced within 1k of each other, get 14600K for higher frequency.

B760 mobo prices are bad for good mobos. No point in spending 20k on a good B760, its stupid. Pay 23k or so for a decent Z790 intead.

Yes, there are Z790 DDR4 mobo but it is as expensive as DDR5 mobo or more for some reason. What are the specs of your DDR4 RAM? If it is 3200MHz CL16, can get a DDR4 mobo instead of spending on DDR5.

Dude, my i5 12400 + 3070 system draws under 400W from power socket, measured it. Not sure why you are worrying with a 750W PSU, that too a good one.

This is my current ram kit baught from a member from te only
View attachment 188582
DDR4 3200MHz CL14 is considered top-notch, only behind 3600MHz CL14. As you are not considering AMD & will use the rig mainly for productivity, get a DDR4 mobo. 2TB primary SSD will also fit easily. CPU upgrade is also possible but even i7 13700K can get to 250W territory, which will impact the cooler you need. IMO i5 14600K is enough, just save the money. Mobo should have USB BIOS flash, look into it.

the whole point of building this rig was to make it a little future proof .. ddr4 started with the 1st gen ryzen if im not mistaken and i had a pretty basic kit at that point of time and then in the future i upgraded to the one i showed u .. so wont it be the same case with ddr5 maybe later when the price drops i can get a better kit..
now the only thing remains is the motherboard.
as for the ram will this be a good option

i found this motherboard though its 760 and im not going to overclock

and sticking to your original suggestion the
the gigabyte z790 ud
https://mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-z790-gaming-x-ax.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC
i also found this for 2k more

please note i only want to go for full atx motherboard as per the size of my cabinet and the number of hdd/ssds im going to plug in

the whole point of building this rig was to make it a little future proof .. ddr4 started with the 1st gen ryzen if im not mistaken and i had a pretty basic kit at that point of time and then in the future i upgraded to the one i showed u .. so wont it be the same case with ddr5 maybe later when the price drops i can get a better kit..
now the only thing remains is the motherboard.
as for the ram will this be a good option

i found this motherboard though its 760 and im not going to overclock

and sticking to your original suggestion the
the gigabyte z790 ud
https://mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-z790-gaming-x-ax.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC
i also found this for 2k more

please note i only want to go for full atx motherboard as per the size of my cabinet and the number of hdd/ssds im going to plug in
I recommend DDR5 6000MHz CL30, like the one in my initial post.

VRM is the issue on Asus Prime, you need at least TUF. Its VRM looks similar to Prime B660M A tested below. Note that i7 12700K is a 180W CPU like i5 13600K, so it is already getting throttled at 100% CPU load + India is a hotter country to have 21C ambient:
mobo VRM B660 i7 12700.png

I have Gigabyte B660M DS3H with i5 12400 (80W at max performance). I use my rig for gaming where CPU power averages around 45-50W but still I see VRM temps of 80C. So in a way no upgrade path for me, although using i5 14600K for gaming should still be ok on my mobo, just that it can't handle sustained 100% CPU load like video rendering.

Gigabyte Z790 UD is a good budget Z790, that's why I recommended it earlier & check my comment on how good B760 with 3x M.2 is so close in price to Z790 that its stupid to buy a top notch B760.

Edit - This mobo has 4x M.2 slots

I recommend DDR5 6000MHz CL30, like the one in my initial post.

VRM is the issue on Asus Prime, you need at least TUF. Its VRM looks similar to Prime B660M A tested below. Note that i7 12700K is a 180W CPU like i5 13600K, so it is already getting throttled at 100% CPU load + India is a hotter country to have 21C ambient:
View attachment 188638
I have Gigabyte B660M DS3H with i5 12400 (80W at max performance). I use my rig for gaming where CPU power averages around 45-50W but still I see VRM temps of 80C. So in a way no upgrade path for me, although using i5 14600K for gaming should still be ok on my mobo, just that it can't handle sustained 100% CPU load like video rendering.

Gigabyte Z790 UD is a good budget Z790, that's why I recommended it earlier & check my comment on how good B760 with 3x M.2 is so close in price to Z790 that its stupid to buy a top notch B760.

Edit - This mobo has 4x M.2 slots
Thank you so much for all your input I've decided to go for your recommendation of i5 14600k and gigabyte ud mobo along with the ram u suggested will go for it either tomorrow or day after
Thank you

Back