PC components

Please answer the following questions for others to help you out better. Delete whatever you feel is not required.

1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. 16-17k
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. AMD Athlon x2
    2. motherboard-gigabyte
    3. GPU - gt220
    4. RAM - simmtronics 1 and 2 gb
    5. Monitor - Dell crt
    6. SMPS - local
    7. logitech keyboard gigabyte mouse
    8. 500 gb hdd wd
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    1. Monitor - Dell crt
    2. SMPS - no
    3. keyboard mice
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. CPU - AMD FX 4170
    2. Motherboard - ASUS m5a97
    3. GPU - bought (hd 6670)
    4. two RAM modules for 2000 rs
    5. branded SMPS for the ASUS m5a97 (620 watts)
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    1. no, this is the final config
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    1. New Delhi
    2. NP
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Gaming
    2. Browsing
    3. Desktop Processing
    4. Download rig, 24x7 operation
    5. Watching HD movies
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. i like ASus mb but not sure about Psu
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    1. Strategy - GTA4,5 bf3 nfs tr
    2. Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x728
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. Yes
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 64 bit
    2. Linux - Mandriva

i3 2100-6.2k

Intel DH67BL-B3-5.4k

Corsair Xms3 OR Gskill ripjaws 2x2gb 1333mhz-1.5k

Corsair CX430V2-2.1k OR Seasonic S12ii 430W-2.9k

Nzxt Gamma-2.4k

Since you've bought the gpu this rig will suit you well.
<

plzzzz som1 sggst me

i only prefer AMD and i m plannng for AMD FX 4170 BE(quade core) and HD 6670(already bought)

\

mainly i wanna play GTA 4 will it b gud wll it run lik makhkhan or ruk ruk ke

also the Mainboard is croossfire ready annd it has two PCIe slots one is x16 and the other is x4 or x8 something blackcolored why so

and 500 watt PSU but wich brand

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz some one reply sooooooooooooon

plzzzz som1 sggst me

i only prefer AMD and i m plannng for AMD FX 4170 BE(quade core) and HD 6670(already bought)

mainly i wanna play GTA 4 will it b gud wll it run lik makhkhan or ruk ruk ke

I recommend that you go for an Intel build because the AMD Bulldozer launch was a damper. Here are reviews for the same -- http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1766/1/ / http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-8120-6100-4100.html.

When it comes to performance we were shocked to see the AMD A8-3850 'Llano' processor and the Socket FM1 platform performing better than the AMD FX-4100 'Bulldozer' processor and the Socket AM3+ platform. We quickly found out that the FX-4100 was priced this low as it needed to be. The performance of the FX-4100 wasn't awful, but we didn't expect to see the AMD A6-3650 running at 2.6GHz to beat the AMD FX-4100 running at 3.6GHz in benchmarks like POV-Ray and Cinebench!

also the Mainboard is croossfire ready annd it has two PCIe slots one is x16 and the other is x4 or x8 something blackcolored why so

Which motherboard is it? Generally lower and mid-end AMD motherboard chipsets follow this trend of one dedicated PCIe x16 slot and another PCIe x16 slot [which is running at x8 OR x4 mode in CrossFireX]. E.g.

AMD 785G

AMD 870G

AMD 880G [certain editions]

and 500 watt PSU but wich brand

Go for the Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/- OR Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/-. Both will be fine for you.

Hope this answers your queries, Cheers!!

For the appropriate configuration in your budget --

Intel Core i5 2320 ~9500/- OR Core i3 2100 ~6200/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1600/-

Cooler Master eLite 311 ~2200/-

Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/- OR Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/-, although the Corsair 430W SMPS will be enough to power your RIG.

Hope this is helpful. Cheers!!

thanks for repliyn alpha17 but sorry i love AMD

what abot PHENOM x4 this cpu is powerful we know that

and the motherboard is ASUS M5 a97 evo fully loaded

i have set my mind to this mobo its loaded with featues but clear out the PCIe x16 x8 issue ihav sapphire 6670 and in future i will buy one more 6670 to crossfire will it be excellent but it doznt have a bridge why

the mainboard is beautiful

thanks for repliyn alpha17 but sorry i love AMD

That is your point-of-view Sire, if you are so convicted about your choice there is no reason why you have started this thread. Also loving AMD does not get you the best performance and value for your hard earned money.

what abot PHENOM x4 this cpu is powerful we know that

I use a Phenom IIx4 965 Black Edition it is a credible performer, but the Intel Core i3 2100 holds up pretty well against it --> http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/102?vs=289. The point I am trying to make you understand is --
  • AMD architecture has not been radically altered between the K8 [c. 2006] to the K10.5 [c. 2009], the processors could not keep up with better optimized Intel architectures, Conroe [first generation Core 2Duo] onwards.
  • IPC of the Intel processors have steadily improved over the years in Intel's architecture but AMD hasn't kept pace so have to offer more cores per-processor to deliver similar performance to Intel's offerings.
  • Efficiency of AMD processors is poor, even Bulldozer [FX-8150] sucks a lot more power than its direct competitor the Intel Core i7 2600k [Sandy-Bridge] this gap widens even more under over-clocking.

and the motherboard is ASUS M5 a97 evo fully loaded. i have set my mind to this mobo its loaded with featues but clear out the PCIe x16 x8 issue ihav sapphire 6670 and in future i will buy one more 6670 to crossfire will it be excellent but it doznt have a bridge why

Look I cannot say anything about your choices but seriously look towards Intel if you want to get the best performance for the money you spend, i.e., you are bothered about Value for your money.

Next the issue with the secondary PCIe x 16 slot running at a lower band-width is that, in budget chipsets like the --
  1. AMD 785G
  2. AMD 870
  3. AMD 880G
  4. AMD 970

the Southbridge can support a maximum of 20 PCIe lanes, out of these 16 go to one PCIe slot and 4 are left for the remaining physical connector. Now this can be used for budget cards for Hybrid-CrossFire setups. For more on the topic please read here --> http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GTX_480_PCI-Express_Scaling/ / http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119102.

Hope this answers your queries, Cheers!!

thanks for help brother

the day i bought hd 6670 for INR 5040 i was jumping

now i was dissopointd wid my sapphire 6670 1g gd5

it works slower than my sparkle gt 220 1g d3

should i have bought MSI 6770 which was for INR 6000

hav i made any mistake by buying this card

plxzzzzzzzzzzzz some one help i m crying

pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz soooooooooooooooooooooooooon

i m regretting myself dont know what to do

now i was dissopointd wid my sapphire 6670 1g gd5

it works slower than my sparkle gt 220 1g d3

Did you update to the latest drivers, in my opinion the HD 6670 should dice its way through a GT 220's performance. What is the rest of your configuration, a slower processor might offset the performance of the card by not supplying enough information for the card to spew decent frame rates.

should i have bought MSI 6770 which was for INR 6000

If gaming was on your mind yes this was the card you should have got OR atleast the AMD HD 7750 ~6500/-

hav i made any mistake by buying this card

No, this card will be fine for atleast 1 year for most titles @low settings.

plxzzzzzzzzzzzz some one help i m crying

pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz soooooooooooooooooooooooooon

i m regretting myself dont know what to do

Okay please get a hold of yourself please and stop typing such stuff, MODs might think of blocking you off for SMS lingo. Regret will not help you so you have two options --
  • Sell of your AMD HD 6670 at a decent price now and buy a HD 7750 to replace it.
  • Stick with your choice for now and 1 year down the line upgrade the card after a more comprehensive study of the available cards then.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Back