PC Config: Feedback required.

rajndra

Adept
1. Q: What is your budget?
A1. Around 18-25K

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
A2. None

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
A3. Not Applicable

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
A4. Please check following configuration.

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
A5. Yes, will upgrade the following after 2-3 years might buy ram , and will add GPU.

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
A6. SP Road or Computer Warehouse, MG Road, Bangalore

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
A7. No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
A8.1. Kids Gaming
2. Browsing
3. Desktop Processing
4. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
A9. AMD is ok as long as it works reliably for atleast 2-3 years.

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
A10. Kids Games, nothing Intense Graphics driven.

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
A11. 18.5 inch LCD Monitor. Any brand, prefer Dell for warranty purpose.

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
A12. No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
A13. Windows 7 64bit

Based on above and after going thru some similar posts, I have made the following configuration:

------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250 (3.0Ghz) Rs 2700
MB: GA-880GMA-UD2H Rs 4800
RAM: Corsair VS 2GB DDR3 1333 : Rs 1050
SMPS: FSP SAGAII 400W Rs 1900
Cabinet: CM Eliter 310 Cabinet Rs 1550
DVD+-RW: LG or Samsung DVD Writer Rs 900
KB/Mouse: Any Brand Rs 750
HDD: Seagate 500GB HDD: Rs 1700
Dell 18.5inch LCD: Rs 5630
-------------------------------------------------------
Total+VAT=Rs 22029

Windows 7 Home Edition Rs 3500-4500.

Is this a good configuration ? Any feedback about the Mainboard? I have gone thru the newegg reviews for this board and it has good ratings/feedback.

TIA
Rajndra

Going for original OS for home PC :thumb:

Yeah config is good. Board is also good. But the availability seems scarce. So call up dealers and verify stock so that you dont end up disappointed.

GA-880GMA-UD2H this board is quite hard to find. u can contact theitwares for that.another alternative MSI 880GMA-E45.

Secondly buy dell 20" IN2020M.

rest of the things u select a very nice config.

Darky i thought i was first ha..ha.ha...

Yeah I deeply respect anyone who acquires legit software, if you don't get the Gigabyte board you can look towards the MSI 880G E-41 ~ price unknown but DA and Hades suggest its a good board and I defer to them in this matter cause haven't gone to S. P. for a month+ now :(.

but it lacks usb 3.0 sata 6gbps.if these features r not required then asus M4A88T M(4.6k),M4A88T M LE(4.1k, two memory slots) i currently own M4A88T M LE very good build.

Yup build quality wise Gigabyte = Asus > MSI. If you dont find the GMA-UD2H you can consider the MSI 880GMA-E45 ~ 5.2k which is the nest cheapest option for mobo with USB 3.0 ports.

The problem with Giga 785G/880G boards were that 2 or 3 SATA ports of the boards got blocked by a long GFX cards. But in OP's case this is not the case. So go for a Gigabyte board.

Else you can stick to the Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H ~ 4.1k. It has no USB 3.0 ports though.

would suggest you to go for the following:

Asus P8H67 M LE - 6.5k

Intel Core i5 2300/2400 - 9k/9.5k

I'm sure i'm exceeding the budget you've mentioned but this is a much better option. Other components are fine. and if you could stretch your budget a bit more.. then 4gb ram will be future proof.

Gskill Ripjaws 1333Mhz DDR3 4GB X 1 - 2.4k

yashchitale said:
would suggest you to go for the following:

Asus P8H67 M LE - 6.5k

Intel Core i5 2300/2400 - 9k/9.5k

Other components are fine. and if you could stretch your budget a bit then 4gb ram will be future proof.

Gskill Ripjaws 1333Mhz DDR3 4GB X 1 - 2.4k
Errr... He has a budget of 22k for h/w for a basic PC and you recommend him a SB setup with the CPU+Mobo costing 16k :O Please :|

Why not suggest i7 980X so that he is a bit more future proof.

I'm sure i'm exceeding the budget
I just meant to tell him it is a good option for a slightly more affordable range(+7.8k minus his cpu mobo).. With SB CPU + mobo it would come to 30k which is 5k more than his max budget. Dint try to ridicule myself.. if i had to do that i would mention the i7 980x myself.. thanks for reminding me to reply to the point and sorry for posting wrongly in this thread.

yashchitale said:
I just meant to tell him it is a good option for a slightly more affordable range(+7.8k minus his cpu mobo).. Dint try to ridicule myself.. if i had to do that i would mention the i7 980x myself.. thanks for reminding me to reply to the point and sorry for posting wrongly in this thread.
More than the budget does his kind of usage warrant a quad Sandy Bridge. That was my point. NOM.

@All, Thanks for the info.

I need Sata3 (6 Gb/s) and USB3.0, as knowing the hardware trend, within 1 year, they will become standard. Also saw some USB3 and Sata3 devices already available in US for reasonable prices. They will be available here in a couple of months at affordable prices thanks to our TE dealers.

I was actually looking for i3 Sandybridge CPU, but it is available only after 20Feb, :( . Intel i5 SB will take the budget north. Let me see if my friend can delay by another month, then I can also recommend him an intel option with Intel H67 board.

Back