PC Peripherals PC config for less than 30 k pls!!

maskedfri

Disciple
1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 25 - 30K
2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
1. CPU - Intel P4
2. Motherboard - D101
3. GPU - nvidia 256 6200
4. RAM - Transcend 2X1GB PC6400
5. Monitor - LG
6. SMPS -
3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
NA
4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
1. CPU - Intel Core2 Duo or above
2. Motherboard - any
3. GPU - Any
4. RAm - DDR 2 or above min 2 GB
5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No not upgrading in near future
6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. chennai
7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. No
8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Gaming
2. Browsing
3. Desktop Processing
4. HTPC
5. Download rig, 24x7 operation
6. Watching HD movies
9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Intel only.
10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Any
11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1. Gaming - 1280x728
2. Desktop - 1440x900
12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No idea what is this.
13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows XP/Vista/Win 7

Can you also suggest a good shop to buy the PC.

Re: PC config fro less than 30 k pls!!

Processor: Athlon II X4 620 - 5.1k

Gigabyte 785GMT-UD2H - 5.9k

RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz - 2.6k

GPU: ATI 5770 1GB - 10.5k

HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.3k

Cabinet: CM Elite 310 - 1.5k

SMPS: Gigabyte Superb 460W - 2.2k

Total - 30.1k

Sumit05 said:
Processor: Athlon II X4 620 - 5.1k
Gigabyte 785GMT-UD2H - 5.9k
RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz - 2.6k
GPU: ATI 5770 1GB - 10.5k
HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.3k

Total - 30.1k

thanks for ur reply but am looking for intel products only dude .. :)

The new Core i-3 fits your budget perfectly:)

Processor: Core i3 - 530- 6.1k
Motherboard: Intel DH55TC - 5.7k
RAM: Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333MHz - 2.7k
GPU: MSI ATI 5770 1GB - 9.6k
HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.5k
Total: 29-30k

www.deltapage.com
These are Ritchie street prices :D

maskedfri said:
thanks for ur reply but am looking for intel products only dude .. :)

give me a good enuf reason WHY? at ur budget and I'll give u a chocolate
IMHO get the QUAD core AMD instead.

comp@ddict said:

comp@ddict has a point the Core i3's memory performance is more to the the Core2 Duo standards than the new Core i lineage plus its not even a Quad Core.
Well its up to you to get a good PC and if you even want to do any processor intensive apps forget it:no: might as well buy a Core2 Quad :rofl:

comp@ddict said:

Save ur breath dude, no use convincing fanboys.
I wasted so many hours telling my frnd to get athlon 620 but still he got E7200........bcoz shopkeeper said core 2 duo is the latest:rofl:

Gowt1ham said:
Save ur breath dude, no use convincing fanboys.
I wasted so many hours telling my frnd to get athlon 620 but still he got E7200........bcoz shopkeeper said core 2 duo is the latest:rofl:

I dont have much knowledge abt AMD. But if I'm no wrong few applications dont work on 64 bit processors. Is that so? Does all games work on 64 bit or most require 32 bit. I play a lot of old games as well. Like old age of empires, old ashes etc. Which may not suite for 64 bit processor and work in 32 bit only.

Pls correct me if i'm wrong.

aabcrescent said:
I dont have much knowledge abt AMD. But if I'm no wrong few applications dont work on 64 bit processors. Is that so? Does all games work on 64 bit or most require 32 bit. I play a lot of old games as well. Like old age of empires, old ashes etc. Which may not suite for 64 bit processor and work in 32 bit only.

Pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Please come here everyday and make my day :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
there is no such thing....

go for AMD and i tell u u'll not regret

for higher budgets INTEL's gr8... the fact is INTEL processors dont offer ne VFM, except the Core i5 i750...

aabcrescent said:
So u mean to say that we need to install Windows OS 64 bit for AMD processors .. Is that correct?

No it supports upto 64-bit processing. Means it will also support 64-bit OS.
So we can install even a 32-bit or a 64-bit OS.:)

aabcrescent said:
So u mean to say that we need to install Windows OS 64 bit for AMD processors .. Is that correct?
when you are not good at something its better to listen to the "gurus" of that field, some of the above posts are posted by such people.

aabcrescent said:

well, all i can say is my 11 year old sister is more geek than you(phew, never thought i wud say that)

dude, u can install 64-bit OS on INTEL or AMD processors, and also 32-bit OSes

just install XP 32 bit(did nething release aftr that?) on the system and please please try to keep up wid us..(for eg. read more tech mags)

comp@ddict said:
well, all i can say is my 11 year old sister is more geek than you(phew, never thought i wud say that)

dude, u can install 64-bit OS on INTEL or AMD processors, and also 32-bit OSes

just install XP 32 bit(did nething release aftr that?) on the system and please please try to keep up wid us..(for eg. read more tech mags)

Hey he may have zero comp knowledge. Thats why he is asking help from ppl.

May he is not very much interested in computer and stuff. :)

@G33kGod - As he wont be upgrading for sometime quads will come in handy. New versions of most software will make use of the quads more and more in the next 1-2 yrs.

G33kgod said:
why isnt anyone suggesting X2 550 BE ??

Its a trial and error process to covert to a quad due to the batches,so IMO better to go for Athlon X4 620.
Both are in same price range.And OP is newbie,so i dont think he will know how to unlock cores.

@OP,go for amd,at this budget they are more value for money.

After all our suggestions...if you go for intel,you are making a fool out of yourself. :eek:hyeah:

@ karthik n srirama : got ur point:) . but from wat i have heard its easy to unlock the other cores(general case). is it so ???

You see in some cases you unlock the cores :D :eek:hyeah:

But they are not stable enough.

A friend of mine had a very unstable cpu(frequent shutdowns,after unlocking the other cores..

So it depends on your luck with the batch of th cpu...I have heard of people going to 4.3ghz on 550BE,after unlocking.

But generally bcoz of a very good batch of cpu's.

so it's either taking a chance with X2 550 or playing safe with the X4 620...or the X3 435(this one unlocks till now havnt read failure case newhere)..

Back