PC Peripherals Pc Configuration For Medium Gaming

Anand_A

Disciple
Guys this is the config that I have decided for my new system.

Proccy
Core 2 Duo E6750

Motherboard
Abit IP35 Pro

Memory
Transcend DDR2 2GB 800 Mhz

HDD
Seagate Sata II 250 GB

Cabby
Cooler Master CM 690

Graphics Card
XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3

PSU
POV Black Diamond 500W

Monitor
DELL 19" LCD

Do you think I require to change it. My budget is around 45k. I stay in Mumbai.

Please reply as this thread was started since one of the member on this forum asked me to start a new thread since I had posted the same question in a thread started by someone else.

If i were you i would cut back on the Proccy,Mobo,cabinet and go for a better GFX if gaming is all u plan to do..if however u plan to overclock and stuff then definitely go for the above mentioned config...looks good enough

indrajeet1811 said:
If i were you i would cut back on the Proccy,Mobo,cabinet and go for a better GFX if gaming is all u plan to do..if however u plan to overclock and stuff then definitely go for the above mentioned config...looks good enough

Thanx for the reply. There is some change in the above mentioned config. I will be getting a 19" LCD from Viewsonic. Which viewsonic model among these would you suggest. VX1940W, VX1945WM, VX1932WM.

Why any deals from viewsonic?
Get dell 19 incher.. Excellent performance and great vfm..
2 good models're se198wfp, e198wfp..

Anand_A said:
Thanx for the reply. There is some change in the above mentioned config. I will be getting a 19" LCD from Viewsonic. Which viewsonic model among these would you suggest. VX1940W, VX1945WM, VX1932WM.

Think twice before buying viewsonic man...apparently their after sales service is pretty bad in india..although their monitors are good

gannu_rox said:
Why any deals from viewsonic?
Get dell 19 incher.. Excellent performance and great vfm..
2 good models're se198wfp, e198wfp..

Whats the difference btw the 2. Is it wirth paying 3 grands extra for SE198wfp

indrajeet1811 said:

How is the abit IP35-E. Whats the difference between ICH9 & ICH9R.

even i suggest you to cut da cost on the proccy..and other stuff little bit ..and try fitting in another better graphics card..see if u can fit a 8800gt or some other 88 series card...in u r system,..

faheem_m said:
even i suggest you to cut da cost on the proccy..and other stuff little bit ..and try fitting in another better graphics card..see if u can fit a 8800gt or some other 88 series card...in u r system,..

I dont want to cut down on proccy. Mobo yes can opt for Abit Ip-35E instead of Abit Ip35pro (not going to overclock my system) . Monitor can go for 19" Dell E198wfy instead of SE198wfp , PSU should I go for powersafe 500W Gold SMPS cheaper by 1.1 grand. Total savings add up to 8.8 grands. What else Do you people think is the best way.

Cabby i do not want to change as the area where I live there is too much construction work going on and it attracts a lot of dust in my house. Have heard a lot of positive views about the CM 690.

Cut down on the following things:
1. Motherboard(coz u r not going to overclock)
2. Go for Powersafe & it's stable for ur needs.
3. Reduce on ur Cabi. Get dust filters if u need.

The price u save, invest in a ATI HD3850Pro 512MB DDR3. It's the best card for the performance & price. It crushes even 8600GTS to half the scores. I think there are deals as well here for the card around 9xxx rupees. Get dat & u won't repent for sure.

Hope dat is useful. :) Bye.

clown_abhi said:
Cut down on the following things:
1. Motherboard(coz u r not going to overclock)
2. Go for Powersafe & it's stable for ur needs.
3. Reduce on ur Cabi. Get dust filters if u need.

The price u save, invest in a ATI HD3850Pro 512MB DDR3. It's the best card for the performance & price. It crushes even 8600GTS to half the scores. I think there are deals as well here for the card around 9xxx rupees. Get dat & u won't repent for sure.

Hope dat is useful. :) Bye.

:thanx::clapping: for your reply. Will check and get back here for my final configuration.

hold on with gfx card.....

see what 9800 has to offer.... may be even 8800 will get a bit cheaper....

and will fit into ur current budget.....

also i guess u should go for 320 GD HDD...

with that budget, i'm sure you can squeeze in an 8800GT 512mb. even if you play games only casually, you might as well play them in very high quality mode :)

headplay said:
hold on with gfx card.....
see what 9800 has to offer.... may be even 8800 will get a bit cheaper....
and will fit into ur current budget.....
also i guess u should go for 320 GD HDD...

Not in too much hurry to setup my stem as my funding has not yet materialised. When is 9*** series going to b launched.

get an 8800gt at least...
an if u can stretch ur budget a bit...go for q6600...
its literally two 6750s put into 1 chip..
of course the literal doubling of speed will be evident only with multi threaded apps an games...
e.g. latest nero can use 4 cores i think...
AFAIK..no games as of now use 4 cores...but they certainly will in the near future..an which would be about the time u might start regrettin why u got a dual core...

jus giv it a thot...

best of luk wit ur rig!

My persoanl suggestion : change the cabinet to something cheaper and put the extra cash on a better gfx card.. Coz the 8600GT is the only out of propotion component i see i the config.. Evrything else ok.. My opinion : Swap the CM 690 for a cheaper one and get more powerful gpu like a 8800GT.. Coz it only matters how it perfroms, not that how it looks, right??

Back