Budget 21-30k PC for 30,000 rs

truck

Disciple
1. Q: What is your budget?
30k (tight budget) ----- final amount

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
None

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
None

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

1. CPU - AMD 3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 960T Processor ( Quad Core)
2. Mobo - ASUS/ASRock
3. Power Supply - Seasonic 520w
4. RAM - 4 Gig 1333 MHz
5. Cabinet - Nzxt gamma
6. Display - Dell 2030
[/FONT]7.HardDisk-WD 500gb

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Final configuration.(mostly)

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. DELHI/MUMBAI
2. Open to online purchase/flipkart

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes( If available right now i will buy a second hand ; or am not interested)

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Software Development
2. Basic Photoshop
3. Desktop Processing
4. Basic Gaming
5. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Anything which is better.

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Counter Strike etc, not very intensive

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Anywhere from 1280x960 to 1600x1200

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Not sure

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7/Windows Server 2008R2
2.Centos (VMWare/VirtualPC)

I am going to buy it in coming week

Intel i5 2400-10.5k
Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6k
Corsair XMS3 or Gskill RipjawsX 2X2GB 1600MHZ-1.7k
Segate 500GB HDD-4k OR WD Blue 500GB-4k[You can get a second hand HDD from TE market]
Corsair CX430V2-2.2k
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k
Dell IN2030M-6k
You can cut on the gpu to Sapphire HD5670 512mb ddr5-4.5k it'll fit the budget.
Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

Hai :)
thanks for your configuration :)
But I dont need a graphics card right now, i will buy it later.

Also can you tell what is the problem with Quad Core processor??
And why i need a intel DH 67 b3 ?? IS it essential ??

Alright i've edited the processor to i5 2400 so a quad core processor is what you wanted is listed.There's no problem with quad processor.Intel DH67Bl-B3 is the vfm of the all motherboard within that budget and it also has better features compared to other motherboards.Hope this clears the air.:)
Hai :)
thanks for your configuration :)
But I dont need a graphics card right now, i will buy it later.

Also can you tell what is the problem with Quad Core processor??
And why i need a intel DH 67 b3 ?? IS it essential ??

Am sorry.. I was not trying to criticise you.. I was thinking whether intel model can hold 1600mhz RAMs.
But for 7000rs (as per flipkart) i will get it a quad core.. also this core i5 costs 10,500rs..

can anyone please suggest if there is any problem with Phenom X4 which is available at flipkart for 6900rs.. then i can save some 3000rs.. which i can invest on another 4gb ram..

There's no problem in Phenom X4 series but i suggested intel cause the intel i5 lineup beats AMD quad core lineup by far and getting intel i5 processor would help you in long run.After you'll add external gpu will boost your system by far.Here's a comparison-AnandTech - Bench - CPU,Hope this clears things.
can anyone please suggest if there is any problem with Phenom X4 which is available at flipkart for 6900rs.. then i can save some 3000rs.. which i can invest on another 4gb ram..

The Core i5 will beat the Phenom II 995 955 X4 hands down in everything and with lower power consumption to boot. Unless you need a cheap quad would suggest to go with a i5 2nd SNB proccy.

Also, if you plan to run memory intensive tasks, get a GPU so that the memory is not shared with the IGP.

Nope the Quadro gpu's are used for 3d software rendering like Maya,3dsmax etc.So you won't be able to game on these gpu's,You should go for Amd HD6XXX or HD7XXX series gpu.
NVIDIA Quadro FX1800.. i see a good deal for this graphics card in TEmarket... whether it will be good????

@truck you can look at the following shops in Nehru Place, Delhi --

Out of the three, two have current user accounts in TE and I have tagged them, best ask them for prices and availability of components before purchase.

Online retail sites that you can also look into [though prices go up thanks to delivery charges and taxes] --
Prime ABGB [Bombay based --> Home]
hardwire.in [Bombay based --> Online Shop for Computer Hardware | India - Hardwire.in]

You will not be able to source the NZXT Gamma in Delhi, so I recommend you look at the next best offering that is the Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- [source it from flipkart.com --> BitFenix Merc Alpha | Cabinet | Flipkart.com] OR Cooler Master eLite 430 [BLACK] ~2800/- [available locally in NP, Delhi].

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

P.S. -- if you plan to purchase anything from Prime ABGB, best talk to @chiragsthakur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I substitute Intel DH67BL-B3 by Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H ?????????

*its price at flipkart is 4800rs.. and support 1600Mhz RAMS suggestions???

Back