PC Peripherals PC for animation

So this means tat the card which I have bought wont work with crossfire.. I will go back to the guy n get an exchange :)... Can u suggest a card for me from ATI plz??? Also, is zion bad??? I donno much bout the company but I also got it for a cheap rate... What do u say??

Cheap = Low quality??? Yeah rite :)

My bad, I bought the zion one :)

But I am still confused with the graphics card....

Ne suggestions ppl???

Do I have to get it exchanged??? Wats the equivalent to 9600gt in ATI Radeon??

Ne idea?

wht kind of work are going do with.....

You won't gain more by SLI or crossfire in animation......

That card will do....but not for heavy animation....

I would be working on AE, combustion, maya, max, photoshop.... But id the card I have doesnt support crossfire then I will have to either use the onboard graphics or the card rite??? but not both...

U better stick with Nvidia card

As i said u won't see much performance improved with crossfire/sli

Ati card have some problem with refresh viewport/lag screen

I do modeling Stuff only...In Maya/Mudbox with 9600 GSO 768Mb

I work smoothly...i go 35/40 mil poly realtime...Per character

Read Here

Most applications are not capable of using multiple graphics card setups (CrossFire, SLI, X2 cards, GTX 295, etc.)

^^ No man you cannot with 9600GT.
What you want is called Hybrid Crossfire and it is only posiible with ATI 3450 and ATI 3470 cards.

BTW, How much were the damages for you buy??

ravi.bang said:
Guys.. Is there ne way I can use the onboard graphics along with the extra graphics card at the same time on Biostar Ta 790gx 128M??

i've been working as a game artist throughout my carrier. one thing that i have seen over the past few years is that, one requires CPU power when it comes down to heavy rendering, GPU is required for digital sculpting, more ram is always better, i use multiple program and game engines for my professinal work and personal work and a decent dual core with a mid range card works pretty well..

@ Ero-Sannin

Hey twas a good to know info for me :) I am working on couple of visual effects reel so need pretty good rendering system :)....

@ Ankurkh1

"How much were the damages for you buy??", I didnt understand this man... Did I mention damages newhere?? :)

ravi.bang said:
@ Ero-Sannin

Hey twas a good to know info for me :) I am working on couple of visual effects reel so need pretty good rendering system :)....

if ur doing heavy rendering a quad core is enuf i have a q6600, abit ip35,2 gb ram and a old X1600 512mb card
im still able to work easily on this rig i just need 2 more gb of ram cuz it sometimes lag when i work on Zbrush..

Ero-Sannin said:
if ur doing heavy rendering a quad core is enuf i have a q6600, abit ip35,2 gb ram and a old X1600 512mb card
im still able to work easily on this rig i just need 2 more gb of ram cuz it sometimes lag when i work on Zbrush..

Oh ok then.. Sounds good to me :).... I have setup the rig now.. Its working prefectly fine :).... Thx for the help ppl..

Back