PC for Graphics Processing and Gaming

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Open for choices

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
. Final

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
. Mumbai
7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
. No
8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Extreme Graphical Processing
and Gaming

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
NO

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
. Strategy - Civilization 4
a. Shooters

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
0. Gaming -
1. 1920x1080
12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
. No
13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
. Windows 7

Sorry seems like the questions wasn't copied well.Budget is around 80k , CPU is going to be hooked to 32inch LED TV

Intel Core i5 2500 ~ 10500/-

ASUS P8P67 PRO ~ 14500/- OR Gigabyte GA-Z68S-UD4 ~ ????/- http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_PRO_REV_31/ OR GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (rev. 1.0)

nVidia GTX 570 ~ 21500/- OR Sapphire AMD HD 6950 2GB-stock version (unlock it to a HD 6970) ~ 17000/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB (primary storage) ~ 2800/- + Corsair SSD 60 GB (for the OS) ~ 7000/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600 MHz CL-9 4GB x 2 kit ~ 4900/- Gskill Sandy Bridge 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 2

APC Back-UPS 1 KVA ~ 4400/-

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit -- Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 7, Buy Windows 7 Online at Microsoft Store

nVidia is a better card if you plan to play Civilization series games a lot, Civilization V is heavily biased towards nVidia, overall including other games the AMD is a better option though. AnandTech - Bench - GPU11

AMD HD 6950 2 GB stock edition card can be unlocked to a HD 6970 with a simple BIOS bump. AMD Radeon HD 6950 Can be Unlocked to HD 6970 | techPowerUp / The TRUTH behind unlocking the AMD Radeon HD 6950 - techPowerUp! Forums

Please support original software. Kill Piracy.

Switch to the Intel Core i7 2600 if you can accommodate it in your budget.

Hope this patch of drivel helps.

Just to add again primary usage is graphical processing , gaming can take a backseat

^^ Don't call me Sir for starters brother, I've been of the market pulse for a month so gave the last stable prices I had been able to verify thanks for the flag.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Don't call me Sir for starters brother, I've been of the market pulse for a month so gave the last stable prices I had been able to verify thanks for the flag.
Errr.. Then you should check it before posting or at least mention that you are unsure of the pricing in the post. Else it will mislead the members.

And TBH i dont remember the P8P67-Pro ever priced at 14.5k in India! The max i saw online was still less than 13k even at launch

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

stalker said:
What exactly do you mean by 'graphical processing'?
@OP - As stalker says please be more precise.

^^ I specified the nVidia card(s) for those purpose the CUDA framework and plug-in support is biased towards nVidia and you'll notice a GTX 560 demolishing a AMD HD 6970 at encoding and similar uses in 3Ds MAX and MAYA as far as I know, for CAD you might need AMD FirePRO OR nVidia Quaddro series cards to make a real impact.

But if main usage is such applications definitely I throw my lot with nVidia, gaming performance of AMD not withstanding.

For graphics and 3d nvidia is out front. it has CUDA which is necessary for the newer programs...
dude alpha when did u become that old:eek:hyeah: sirji;)

Back