Budget 21-30k PC for my nephew

Hi,

Sorry I am not using a template for this one post as most of the questions are not applicable, since this is all about a brand new purchase, not an upgrade. Also, it is a very simple requirement.

My brother, in Bhopal, has to buy a PC for his son, 10 years old, as this year onward they get Computer Studies as an additional subject and they will have monthly assignments given from school. My brother is a tech-dinosaur, hence he asked me to help him out.

First off, should I consider building a rig? Or just buy him an all-in-one under this budget? If yes, then which all-in-one? One positive about all-in-one is I can buy additional warranty and some of them also include original softwares. I can extend the all-in-on budget up to 35k.

If not, then what should the rig be like? Something that is at least future-proof for upto 3 years. Please give me a basic list which I can just forward it to my brother. Please try to stay in the budget just to build a nice rig. This budget does not include Original windows and microsoft office suite for which I will shell out some extra money.

TIA.

I would say do not go for assembled rig. Get something ready made/branded. In this context All-in-one is good idea. But a quick glance on listings at Amazon.in reveals that most all-in-one costing about 30K are with Celeron or Pentium processor. I could see a Dell make with i3 4th gen at 40k.

Instead of that how about a laptop ? You can get away with i3 4th gen/4GB RAM/500GB-1TB HDD/15.6" screen under 30k.

Considering the usage scenario, an All-in-one may be better. Kids do spill stuff and even with spill-proof keyboards, laptops would be a chore to clean.

I would say do not go for assembled rig. Get something ready made/branded. In this context All-in-one is good idea. But a quick glance on listings at Amazon.in reveals that most all-in-one costing about 30K are with Celeron or Pentium processor. I could see a Dell make with i3 4th gen at 40k.

Instead of that how about a laptop ? You can get away with i3 4th gen/4GB RAM/500GB-1TB HDD/15.6" screen under 30k.

True that. I know assembled rigs make more sense, but as I said, my brother is a tech-dino. Ready-made assembled rigs? I guess I've only seen the ones sold by Dell. Will check in that.

Considering the usage scenario, an All-in-one may be better. Kids do spill stuff and even with spill-proof keyboards, laptops would be a chore to clean.

I know. I remember spilling tea on the keyboard about 16 years ago, guess it was a TVSe keyboard and boy was it expensive back then.

True that. I know assembled rigs make more sense, but as I said, my brother is a tech-dino. Ready-made assembled rigs? I guess I've only seen the ones sold by Dell. Will check in that.

Yes I meant something ready made and not built by you since your brother is not well versed with tech. Going with such solution makes sure that any hiccup is completely handled by brand rather than local guy who may take them for a ride.

I agree. A branded PC will be better in this case. You have many options like Acer, Lenovo, Dell etc. Just stay away from HCL and iball. But warn him about the Warranty policy, "warranty void if sticker removed". Else it might come to haunt him later. Opening even the chassis of a branded PC voids the warranty.

Processor Intel G3220 3,830
CPU Cooler Stock 0
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 3,600
Memory
Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz 2,250
Graphics Card
Sapphire R7 250X 1 GB DDR5 8,000
Power Supply
Corsiar VS450 2,450
Cabinet
Any local cabinet without PSU 900