Budget 21-30k PC for photo editing

hm28

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • Max limit 30k-35K.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Samsung 1600x900
    • HDD-500GB
    • Cabinet - cooler master basic one - with front 2 USB 2.0 ports - 5 year old
    • Gfx card- ATI 4670
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • all of the above
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel/AMD
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard with USB 3.0 and offline phone charging facility
    • RAM - 8 GB
    • Power supply - corsair preferably
    • UPS - preferably APC
    • Windows 8 - how much will it cost?
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Monitor - IPS screen, 24" - plz suggest which one to buy in 6 months time
    • HDD - 2TB internal hard disk - plz suggest the price and model
    • Gfx Card - casual gaming - 3-4 times a month - full HD with a 30-40 fps - plz suggest the model and price
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi
    • Online Portals
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Photo editing - photoshop/lightroom/dxo, etc
    • Watching HD movies
    • Gaming - casually - 3-4 times a month
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NA.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Shooters - no idea which one. will buy what the PC can afford.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Full HD.
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8 64 bit
    • Linux - Ubuntu - from pen drive

i3 4130 ~7-8k
asus h81 chipset based mobo ~4-5k
8 gb kingston hyper x ~5k
corsair cx430 ~3k (seasonic s12 430 is better but also pricier)
windows 8 ~ 7-8k
total ~26-29k

not familiar with photo editing software but if it's a program that can make good use of multiple threads, then you can consider the fx-6300. costs about the same as the i3.

also, I don't know what impact a graphics card will have on photo editing so not sure if you need one or not.

i3 4130 ~7-8k
asus h81 chipset based mobo ~4-5k
8 gb kingston hyper x ~5k
corsair cx430 ~3k (seasonic s12 430 is better but also pricier)
windows 8 ~ 7-8k
total ~26-29k

not familiar with photo editing software but if it's a program that can make good use of multiple threads, then you can consider the fx-6300. costs about the same as the i3.

also, I don't know what impact a graphics card will have on photo editing so not sure if you need one or not.
Thank you :)

Thank you, bssunil. Could you please suggest an AMD setup (processor and motherboard) too? If the price difference is decent, I might go with it.
I have two queries too.
* I have a ATI 4670 graphics card. Will it go with these latest processors (intel or AMD), or will it create a bottleneck? If it will, please suggest a gfx card for less than 8000. I have a 1600x900 monitor now, but might upgrade to a full HD one in a year or so.
* Do the multi core processors really work for desktop apps, such as Photoshop, etc?

Thank you, bssunil. Could you please suggest an AMD setup (processor and motherboard) too? If the price difference is decent, I might go with it.
I have two queries too.
* I have a ATI 4670 graphics card. Will it go with these latest processors (intel or AMD), or will it create a bottleneck? If it will, please suggest a gfx card for less than 8000. I have a 1600x900 monitor now, but might upgrade to a full HD one in a year or so.
* Do the multi core processors really work for desktop apps, such as Photoshop, etc?
Go with the Intel Config and Get Sapphire R7 250 1GB DDR5 -7200.

Back