PC Peripherals PC freeze issue. Pls help!

Dienekes

Disciple
Hi All

My PC has been freezing randomly from past couple of months.. I called up a local hardware guy who cleaned it thoroughly but still the problem persisted. I took it back to him and after a day of analysis he told me that the problem was with the GPU and the SMPS. He took out the graphics card and replaced the SMPS and said that it should work now.
It has been a week now, but still I am facing the same issue. Although the freezing cycles are less as compared to 2 weeks before but still it freezes a couple of times. I have even formatted and installed XP again but no great improvement.
Today, I even tried verifying the two installed 512 MB Kingston RAM chips by working with them individually. These were the results:
RAM 1: PC starts and works properly. I started installing Office 2007, it freezes at 70% installation. Till that time (approx 10-15 mins) it was working fine.
RAM 2: CPU starts booting, but the monitor doesn't shows anything, the power light on monitor blinks. I have tried thrice and the same result, the screen's blank but the CPU's running

Also, FYI the machine config is:
P4, 3.0 GHz, 512 MB x 2 DDR RAM, GeForce 6200 512 MB (It aint connected to the CPU atm), 80 GB HDD, Win XP SP3.
SMPS: Zebronics 400W (its week old)

Please help me in detecting the issue.

Thanks a lot!

The most common problem with the P4 processors, I believe your processor is a 478pin on an 865 or a 845 board, The problem could be due to temperature, Check your bios for your processor's temperature, It shouldn't be above 50-55 `C, Clean your ram contacts with an eraser and reinstall them.

Thanks for the reply dude, yes the mobo is 865GBF. I checked the CPU temp. through Everest and it came out to be around 54-55 degree C.
One more thing, when I tried placing RAM 2 in the third slot (I haven't used it till date) the monitor started showing the booting process but the PC hanged within 4-5 mins.. :(
Tried doing the same thing with same RAM thrice, same results..

What to do?

Now that the rams slots and the rams are fine, The problems lies either in the processor or the mobo, Do this crazy thing, Place your cabinet horizontal on the ground, From || to =, In such a way that the mobo faces you. Run you PC and check if it freezes.

Back