Graphic Cards PC freezes/BSOD while playing games !!

GunnerMania

Disciple
hey guys,

My screen freezes whenever i am into a game. This issue started recently ...like since 2 days.
And a couple of times i have got a BSOD when i playing a game.

All the temps are perfectly fine. The system is stable....i hav run superPI, 3dmark vantage...etc.

So i thought it could be a driver problem and installed new catalyst 9.6 drivers.....but it doesnt solve the issue. This only happens when i am playing a game.

Now i think it could be my PSU...CM extreme 600w :p...but why the BSOD??

BSOD msg is "Driver IRQL not less or equal".

config:-

e6600 stock
biostar tp35-d2a7
transcend 4gb 800mhz
palit 4850 sonic special
CM 600w extreme :ashamed:
vista ultimate 64 bit

CPU used to be overclocked....i underclocked it....but still no solution.

Cheers.

^ I ran memtest..no errors. The only hardware problem could be PSU...nothing else.
Could be a driver or someother bug. Will try rolling back to the old driver that came with the gfx card cd.

cheers.

^ donate the ati 4850 sonic and cm 600 watt and i will give to corsair 450 vx psu :p

why can to update new psu corsair 450 vx or 550 vx

p.s i saw at your rig are u using ocz 700 watt :S

just kidding dude

Use Microsoft Dump Analalyzer to find out the cause.

You will need the debug tools for your OS and then use WinDbg to analyze the memory dump. Search n the web for a tutorial on how to use WinDbg. It had also come in Chip a while back.

My guess is drivers/hardware dying in monsoons. If your comp starts acting really weird then its your motherboard.

@OP: Switch to Windows 7 Ultimate already! :p

I suspect a corrupt OS. The PSU could be just as bad but in this case the hardware isn't very power hungry either.

Yupp it wasnt any hardware problem. I wanted to debug the dump files but i was feelin kinda lazy. Now i have debugged it and found the culprit. It was the corrupt sound card driver...x-plosion. Uninstalled it and boom!! the problem is gone !!
Thanx nitant for pushing me with the debug. And thanks to the other members too.

@ arun, i sold my ocz 700w long time.....currently using cm600w which is doing fine, but gonna get the vx550 soon.

@gannu...m loving my vista ultimate-64.:)

cheers.

Back