PC Peripherals PC freezes for 1-2 seconds

saROMan

Disciple
i have a strange problem from yesterday my PC freezes for 1-2 seconds and then every thing works fine for some time and again it does the same thing and its very annoying ... this started yesterday when i suddenly got message that my GPU is running too hot ..the temps were 111 degrees ..upon checking i found that one of the case fan wires was stuck in my GPU causing the fan to stop ...now as a troubleshooting meathod i have run a Nvidia Stability test as well as prime95 and have found no issues .. taskmgr also does not show any process using more than 30~40 MB memory & 2~10 % CPU .. also will run memtest when i go home today ...is it possible that the GPU was running @ 110 Degree so may be thermal paste is burned out ?? i am monitoring the GPU temps and they are 47~50 .. kindly suggest if any one has faced the same problem

Everything seems to be fine now, and temps are good. So, no need to worry.

And please improve your writing style/spelling/grammar

sato1986 said:
Everything seems to be fine now, and temps are good. So, no need to worry.
its working fine now but its really annoying when the PC freezes for 1-2 seconds ...so i want to find the root cause of the problem...

also did not undertand what you ment by this...

sato1986 said:

tested the same in Windows 7 and faced no issues so opened the GPU cleaned the old thermal paste and applied a new layer and vol-la problem solved

Back