Graphic Cards PC freezing after installing new HD6850

muzux2

ex-Mod
May 18, 2008
Srinagar
PSU need not to be blamed since the OP has issue at idle state. I suspect a driver or a graphics card issue. Did you try previous versions of the driver such as 11.4/11.3?

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
muzux2 said:
PSU need not to be blamed since the OP has issue at idle state. I suspect a driver or a graphics card issue. Did you try previous versions of the driver such as 11.4/11.3?
No, it was freezing in just 4-5 minutes so i removed it , should i uninstall this driver with driver sweeper and reinstall the card with older drivers? What about all these guys http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1577955 on google who are saying its design issue ,

hd 6850 black screen - Google Search

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I read somewhere that this was the official sapphire forum http://www.vgaforum.com/index.php , so i registered there and 3-4 minutes later when i hit the post button i get this message
vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:

**** off you Indian prick, **** you, **** your 3rd world country .. ****ing PAKI SHITHEAD

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Mechanic

Skilled
Jan 22, 2009
^^What the hell?

Did that really happen?

Edit it did happen but i got a different message

infuriating to say the least

View attachment 15299

okay not to swerve from the topic at hand

i heard somewhere that some PSUs have trouble handling a PC believe it or not at low loads

which might explain why your PC runs fine at load (combustor or in game)

but when the clocks start to drop in 2d mode something goes wrong and the PSu wont adjust the powerlevels accordingly

P.s. a lil bit offtopic

your load temps of 65C is awesome

are you on AC?

which model is the card?

i get 45c Idle 72c Crysis

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 103

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
I copy pasted the exact message i got, i didnt even post anything there

funkysourav said:
^^What the hell?

Did that really happen?

Edit it did happen but i got a different message

infuriating to say the least

View attachment 15299

okay not to swerve from the topic at hand

i heard somewhere that some PSUs have trouble handling a PC believe it or not at low loads

which might explain why your PC runs fine at load (combustor or in game)

but when the clocks start to drop in 2d mode something goes wrong and the PSu wont adjust the powerlevels accordingly

Only other psu i have for testing is a 4 year old cooler master 390 watt , i dont know if it can take this load , i will try toget this tested at the service center

P.s. a lil bit offtopic

your load temps of 65C is awesome

are you on AC?

which model is the card?

i get 45c Idle 72c Crysis

No that was done without AC on , Sapphire HD6850 with stock cooler

I have reinstalled the card, uninstalled 11.5 with driver sweeper and installed 11.4 and also removed one stick of Ram. lets see how long this lasts before freezing:p

Just did another kombuster test , no freezing so far http://i.imgur.com/k48rW.png

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
Don't do stability tests using synthetics like Furmark/Kombuster. If something is wrong it might just aggravate the situation before we nail it. These applications stress your system 10-15% more than an ideal gaming scenario.

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
Wow indians being discriminated against, well I say charge up their front, we outnumber them 10 to 1 they'll be begging for momma in front of us.

@ OP, have you tried the HD6850 in someone else's computer?

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
^ not yet, i dont have any other pc with pcie slot here, but after installing 11.4 , this is the longest time i have gone without freezing more than 1/2 an hour

pratikb

Skilled
Mar 2, 2011
comp@ddict said:
Wow indians being discriminated against, well I say charge up their front, we outnumber them 10 to 1 they'll be begging for momma in front of us.

@ OP, have you tried the HD6850 in someone else's computer?
lets fuc* their case.

lets see what they do to us indians.

i wish i had bo*net to bring them down.

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
muzux2 said:
^ Good to hear that. Now insert the RAM stick back onto the slot. See how long system remains stable on 11.4
I played mafia 2 for 45 minutes , there was no freezing , but it has started freezing again, has happened twice, nothing happens when i press the reset button but after about 2 minutes the pc restarts on its own. Still using only one Ram stick.

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
I will do the memtest before i go to sleep, there was another freeze just now , this time i did not press the reset button for about 5 minutes and pc did not restart but when i pressed the reset, about 1-2 minute after that pc restarted.

Ran memtest for 5 hrs after clearing cmos on one stick , no errors , no need to run on the other stick because it was freezing with only this stick installed , i have xp / win7 dualboot now i am checking in xp with 11.4 drivers , should i uodate the bios? bios date is 7/2010

Even in XP it froze , now updating mobo bios.

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
There was no specific fix but i still updated the bios, running without problems for one hour , if this freezes again then i will take this to service center.

Got the card replaced , lets see how this one works

Have had no freezing with the new card , have been running for almost 6 hours , but i feel this card does not perform as well as old one , i get stutters in mafia 2 specially when i am driving at high speed , i did not get these stutters with the old card even with 2 gb ram,

Also i got better result in kombuster with old card

Old (Driver 11.5)

http://i.imgur.com/qO0Qo.png

New (11.4)

http://i.imgur.com/8sllV.png

Please suggest some benchmark/test to test the cards performance.

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
Arjun said:
There was no specific fix but i still updated the bios, running without problems for one hour , if this freezes again then i will take this to service center.

Got the card replaced , lets see how this one works

Have had no freezing with the new card , have been running for almost 6 hours , but i feel this card does not perform as well as old one , i get stutters in mafia 2 specially when i am driving at high speed , i did not get these stutters with the old card even with 2 gb ram,

Also i got better result in kombuster with old card

Old (Driver 11.5)

http://i.imgur.com/qO0Qo.png

New (11.4)

http://i.imgur.com/8sllV.png

Please suggest some benchmark/test to test the cards performance.
just a suggestion : update the driver to 11.5 for the new one.then run MSI kombustor and post the image...

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
^ i had already tried that got a score of 3200 with 11.5 , ( had got 2500 with 11.4) but i am getting jagged lines everywhere with this card in text , videos , and games , in games i get these jagged lines when the image is moving and it goes away when the image stops moving like in this in game video from mafia 2 i made

YouTube - ‪mafia22‬‏ , you can see the neon signs flickering when i am moving and stop flickering when i stop , i get this in all games i have played so far with this card mafia2 , farcry2 and assassins creed 2 , i was getting this even with old card so i dont think it is gpu problem.