PC game controller

EHH

Disciple
Looking for new PC game controller. Preferably wired. Vibration is not mandatory.
This will be my first controller. Never used one.
I prefer large size mouse so guess smallish controller will be a problem.
Kindly suggest better/reasonable options.

Shortlisted:

Rs.2186
Logitech G F310 Wired

Rs.2489
PowerA Wired

Rs.3999
8BitDo Ultimate Wired

Rs.3499
8Bitdo Ultimate C 2.4g Wireless

Or Try cheaper ones first, lest it also lands up in closet like G29 and Logi joystick ?

How good are redgear, cosmic bytes, evofox etc. ?

Looking for new PC game controller. Preferably wired. Vibration is not mandatory.

Shortlisted:

Rs.2186
Logitech G F310 Wired

Rs.2489
PowerA Wired

Rs.3999
8BitDo Ultimate Wired

Rs.3499

Or Try cheaper ones first, lest it also lands up in closet like G29 and Logi joystick ?

Why wired though?
BT 5 contollers have no noticeable latency and it’s really hard to go back to wired after switching to wireless for something as involving as this

Xbox series controller has been sold for as low as 4.5k, but it misses out on the adapter at that price which is a bummer. I got it from USA via friend for 4.2k for controller + adapter.

I have Redgear wired controller which I bought earlier, costed me 1k. Seemed decent enough.

An authentic Bluetooth 5.0 adaptor having a QCC chip would be costly option. I am assuming it would be used in a desktop.

Is it advisable to use USB-C to USB-A (for PC) adapter for game controllers ?
PowerA Advantage has USB-C only. Dont know if it is USB-C to USB-A cable or USB-C at both ends.

Last edited:
I would recommend Xbox wired control which is reliable comparing to Redgear and cosmicByte had them both as spare controller - cosmicByte didn't last a year and Redgear was malfunctioning within very limited use

Is it advisable to use USB-C to USB-A (for PC) adapter for game controllers ?
PowerA Advantage has USB-C only. Dont know if it is USB-C to USB-A cable or USB-C at both ends.
It's always fine to connect a Type C to A for charging.
High draw devices like laptops wont charge but controllers always will.

As for C to C, some of these low drain devices do not have a PD controller chip in them - in which case they wont charge with a C to C at all (although it wont harm the device)
but A to C will always work

Shortlisted:

Rs.2186
Logitech G F310 Wired

Rs.2489
PowerA Wired

Rs.3999
8BitDo Ultimate Wired

Rs.3499

I wanted the Logitech f310, from multiple reviews that I read it's built like a tank and lasts for ages. Comes with 3 year logitech warranty too. However it was a bit overpriced for me at 2k (used to go for 1.5k). What games do you mostly intend to play? If you actually intend to be competitive in fighter games like mortal kombat or for some reason play multiplayer fps games like cod with a controller, then you shouldn't look for anything lesser than a xbox one/series x controller or ps4/ps5.

Redgear and all those other cheap amazon brands are good enough for casual use. They usually last longer than a year (give or take), my cheap 699 rs eurogames rpm worked well enough for fifa for 2 years before everything started to break apart (Broken a button, improper trigger detection and stick drift but I honestly abused that poor thing). Couldn't complain for the price though, I could just buy another one and use it for another 2 years (Bought a cosmic byte controller for 1k this time)

Yes these rebranded chinese controllers are going to fail on you far more than the good ones likely will (they all are susceptible to issues eventually). Maybe it might start drifting within a month or within 3 years. However If you don't mind spending 3.5k on a controller, It would make better sense to spend another 1k and buy an xbox controller instead.

I wanted the Logitech f310, from multiple reviews that I read it's built like a tank and lasts for ages. Comes with 3 year logitech warranty too. However it was a bit overpriced for me at 2k (used to go for 1.5k). What games do you mostly intend to play? If you actually intend to be competitive in fighter games like mortal kombat or for some reason play multiplayer fps games like cod with a controller, then you shouldn't look for anything lesser than a xbox one/series x controller or ps4/ps5.

Redgear and all those other cheap amazon brands are good enough for casual use. They usually last longer than a year (give or take), my cheap 699 rs eurogames rpm worked well enough for fifa for 2 years before everything started to break apart (Broken a button, improper trigger detection and stick drift but I honestly abused that poor thing). Couldn't complain for the price though, I could just buy another one and use it for another 2 years (Bought a cosmic byte controller for 1k this time)

Yes these rebranded chinese controllers are going to fail on you far more than the good ones likely will (they all are susceptible to issues eventually). Maybe it might start drifting within a month or within 3 years. However If you don't mind spending 3.5k on a controller, It would make better sense to spend another 1k and buy an xbox controller instead.
getting this https://www.powera.com/p/xbox/xbox-...ontroller-for-xbox-arc-lightning-xbgp0169-01/

Back