ratpack

Disciple
Hi,

my system config is:
AMD athlon 64 bit 3000
MSI motherboard 939 socket RS480
Transcend DDR RAM 512+256
OS is Windows XP 64 bit

i was playing FIFA 06 on my PC and it hung.
When i rebooted the machine it displayed all the bios config and stuck at Boot From CD and diidn't proceed further.
I just took out the 256 RAM and the system was up again.
Just u test it I started with FIFA again and this time the system switched Off automatically.
Now it doesn't boot up. It does start at all, not even the fans.

I have no idea what the problem is.

Check the wiring for your Power/Reset buttons.

Could be a faulty PSU too - try disconnecting the PSU from your setup and test if the PSU turns on by shorting pins 14 & 15.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Check the wiring for your Power/Reset buttons.
Could be a faulty PSU too - try disconnecting the PSU from your setup and test if the PSU turns on by shorting pins 14 & 15.

:eek:hyeah: lolz ....if it was my pc nd u had told me all that ...i wud hav asked u to com down to my place to do all that coz even my dealer wont kno all that shit.....well keep it goin.....

well um as for the main problem , i think da RAMs faulty.....but as u said u hav tested em out......then i wud go along with eddy

ummmmmm. do u have a graphic card? or u runnin on onboard ????? coz if u hav a gc .. i think u might try and remove it and check........but u said ur pc doesnt start now at all ???

99.99% its the onboard GPU, give it a few hours before you decied to fireup your PC again, make sure you reset the BIOS.

In case you guys didnt know, ATI GPUs have the ability to shut down and revieve themselves(something like the terminator) ... lol

well unless u say what kind of GPU u using , cant say anything....even i had this problem .la8er i diagnosed it to be my gpu heating up too much ....

MaxAxe said:
99.99% its the onboard GPU, give it a few hours before you decied to fireup your PC again, make sure you reset the BIOS.

In case you guys didnt know, ATI GPUs have the ability to shut down and revieve themselves(something like the terminator) ... lol

tried the following things
1. resetting the bios
2. shorting the power supply pins
3. swapping RAMs

none of these work

I am using an on board ATI GPU for ur information
Any other suggestions

LOL
Yeah, but usually no one is willing to spend effort on the "right one".
Best one deals with the problem (atleast for the time being), and comes at the cost of virtually no effort.
:p

Back