OC & Modding PC Modding with water cooling

ronnie_gogs

Morphing from a Geek to a Nerd
Skilled
Hi all,

I am planning to start a case modding project :cool2:

Since this is my first shot at modding i am planning for a simple config computer

2.2ghz E4500 with a plait mobo, XFX 8600 GT 256 GDDR3, 2 gb (667 mhz transcend) and 2 x 160 gb HDDS with a 22 inch lcd.

if the project goes fine will go for upgrades in the future.

I got some of the stuff above and have the system running for now but i need to start work on the mod fast.

:huh:

I need advice regarding the Case and water cooling kits and part

Firstly Case: :!

Should i go for a normal case say around 1.5k (Iball) and mod it or should i go for a case which is starts around 4k like CM 690. :S

As i am lookin to modify it fully. I will be tryin for the 'CUBE Design' :hap2:

with dimensions atleast 40 cm3

Secondly: :!

Regarding the water cooling .... can i get water cooling kits and parts in India.

If yes where do i buy thm.

i will probably go for water blocks for

1) CPU

2) Chipset

3) GFX card

4) HDD

:huh: Help me as I am going into a area totally unknown to me

I am in Ahmedabad now and can go to Mumbai for Parts.

Regarding the parts you mentioned above.... should i go for individual parts or should i stick to an entire kit which can take care of everything

I have a Kit in mind but the problem is that its a super heavy kit which costs $280 and with $140 shipping it becomes a $420 kit

ZALMAN RESERATOR 1 Plus

Also the vga block in the kit does not support a 8600 gt....

I have never ordered online from US so I would also like to knw wht are the total charges after the shipping

Now its showing $420 including shipping what will it actually be after taxes.

Anyone who has ordered plz help

ronnie_gogs said:
Regarding the parts you mentioned above.... should i go for individual parts or should i stick to an entire kit which can take care of everything

I have a Kit in mind but the problem is that its a super heavy kit which costs $280 and with $140 shipping it becomes a $420 kit

ZALMAN RESERATOR 1 Plus

Also the vga block in the kit does not support a 8600 gt....

I have never ordered online from US so I would also like to knw wht are the total charges after the shipping

Now its showing $420 including shipping what will it actually be after taxes.

Anyone who has ordered plz help

but i think when u order stuff from KMD ...he take cares of da duty and all...and its delevered to ur place..i am not sure about this..

so checkout KMD's deal..from crazypc.com

its better u contact KMD(katmandude) in this matter with the list of stuff u wish to buy..

faheem_m said:
but i think when u order stuff from KMD ...he take cares of da duty and all...and its delevered to ur place..i am not sure about this..

so checkout KMD's deal..from crazypc.com

its better u contact KMD(katmandude) in this matter with the list of stuff u wish to buy..

yup...that's right....you don't need to worry about the customs duty and clearing and stuff...just send me a PM with the links of the items you wish to purchase and I'll give you a quote for them. The quote will be the final price to you (inclusive of everything). When you are looking at US sites shipping to India ...you are only looking at US price + cost to ship to India and you are not considering the customs duty component. If you are lucky...you might not even have to pay any duty...but if you are not there have been cases where the entire packets have done missing.

So KMD, I choose non heavy items from crazypc.com and you give me a price quote for that inclusive of everything.

Thts a sweet deal as i don't have to worry about anything.

By the way how do u accept payment. Do u accept credit cards.

Could you give me a round down on how this will work. I mean do i get a invoice from your side for the goods purchased. Also estimated time it generally takes for delivery of goods.

Order through KMD dude. No hassle for you since he takes care of everything, and you also get excellent service!

Apart from the blocks, you'd also need a pump, rad and a res. The res is optional. You could go for a t-line and do away with the res completely. Your call. You should get the following stuff along with the blocks I suggested above:

1) Rad: Swiftech MCR320-QP Radiator Black: CrazyPC Computers

2) Pump: Swiftech MCP655 Water Pump: CrazyPC Computers

3) Res: Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservoir: CrazyPC Computers

4) Tubing: Masterkleer 7/16 Inch x 5/8 Inch Clear PVC Tubing: CrazyPC Computers x 10 feet

KMD has fans in stock, so you could pick up three Scythe S-Flex fans from him. That should take care of pretty much everything.

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
I've been looking into Peltier coolers lately, and honestly, I think they may be easier for modding.

Yup i think if you need preassembled kit then peltier kits are the way to go and would give better results than even the custom water cooling kit that you will build.

Back