CPU/Mobo PC No Post after adding new Ram sticks , Need advice Regarding RMA and Diagnosis

kazstar101

Recruit
"I have a Gigabyte B650 M K motherboard paired with 4800 MHz Crucial RAM, which I upgraded to 6000 MHz T-Force RAM. During the RAM installation, I turned off the PSU power switch and installed the RAM, but the PC was still plugged in. Now, when I turn on the PSU power switch, it doesn’t boot either with the new RAM or the old one. I first checked the PSU for any faults using a PSU tester, then tested the system with a different new PSU, but got the same result. Only fans spin; there is no power to the USB.

I have tried the following things to resolve the issue:

• Cleared the CMOS
  • Tried to flash the BIOS using Q-flash and removed everything (i.e., CPU and RAM), but for some reason, even after holding the button for a few minutes, the system didn’t reboot.

Now the problem is definitely between CPU and Mobo, I have one pin that was bent when i purchased the Mobo from MD computers, I ignored it as CPU was booting fine and i was in a hurry to build a system (Big mistake i have made here). Now this pin is completely missing after i visually inspected, the motherboard socket yesterday Will my RMA get rejected due to missing or badly bent pin ? The cpu is spotless , so my thought is the Motherboard is fault here. Anybody with priror experience of similar problems, please share your advice.

Yeah that will come under physical damage and won't be accepted.
I had similar symptoms when I accidentally bent my motherboard.

I would say make sure you're reseating all motherboard cables but if you've already tested with a different PSU that should be taken care of.

Tough break, but I think you'll need to buy a new board. If possible test out the CPU and RAM on another system first, just to rule them out as damaged.

It's Mdcomputers fault for sending you motherboard that has bent pin I think you should contact them regarding this .

I doubt the OP has any unboxing video etc, and since it's been a long time already, MD wouldn't do anything about it, and justifiably. If you get a damaged product and use it, and don't inform the seller and try to rectify the situation there and then, you can't expect to claim a month or 6 months down the line that it was damaged or that the seller owes you anything.

I doubt the OP has any unboxing video etc, and since it's been a long time already, MD wouldn't do anything about it, and justifiably. If you get a damaged product and use it, and don't inform the seller and try to rectify the situation there and then, you can't expect to claim a month or 6 months down the line that it was damaged or that the seller owes you anything.
Problem happend i build the system 1 week later, by that time MD return period was over. Expnesive lesson learnt, should have had the cpu on hand and build on the day of delivery itself.Is there chance the gigabyte will replace the socket by charging some fee ?

"I have a Gigabyte B650 M K motherboard paired with 4800 MHz Crucial RAM, which I upgraded to 6000 MHz T-Force RAM. During the RAM installation, I turned off the PSU power switch and installed the RAM, but the PC was still plugged in. Now, when I turn on the PSU power switch, it doesn’t boot either with the new RAM or the old one. I first checked the PSU for any faults using a PSU tester, then tested the system with a different new PSU, but got the same result. Only fans spin; there is no power to the USB.

I have tried the following things to resolve the issue:

• Cleared the CMOS
  • Tried to flash the BIOS using Q-flash and removed everything (i.e., CPU and RAM), but for some reason, even after holding the button for a few minutes, the system didn’t reboot.

Now the problem is definitely between CPU and Mobo, I have one pin that was bent when i purchased the Mobo from MD computers, I ignored it as CPU was booting fine and i was in a hurry to build a system (Big mistake i have made here). Now this pin is completely missing after i visually inspected, the motherboard socket yesterday Will my RMA get rejected due to missing or badly bent pin ? The cpu is spotless , so my thought is the Motherboard is fault here. Anybody with priror experience of similar problems, please share your advice.
i installed a cheap Ant Esports ICE-C200 cooler, it required excessive force to install......soon my pc started doing stupid crashes ...so when i removed the processor i realized multiple pins were bent , went to a local tech shop got them sorted out and now its running smoothly. TL;DR just 1 bent pin does not mean PC will not boot....if you have a plucker you can manually straighten the pin . if its broken then tough luck . as a precaution please observe the ram slots carefully to see if any thing is stuck in the bays , it can be dust small piece of debris which may be shoring the RAM slots.

Can we take a step back and confirm whether basic troubleshooting has been done like BIOS reset and wait for a long time maybe 15 to 20 minutes after first boot for BIOS training with new RAM?

Not all cpu pins are required, some bent or missing are fine. You already have the example that before installation of new ram the system was working fine even though the pin was bent/broken.
You haven't mentioned if you again opened the heat sink only to witness the pin damage. If you havens then better don't do it.

Now, as you said you didn't turned off the power completely then the static might have come into play here and done the damage resulting you to point it down to the pin.

Still, remove the components from the case and just attach mobo/cpu/gpu/psu and try with older ram stick and that too only one a time. If it fails to boot try that stick on another slot. Keep repeating this until you get display.

This hurry of yours and many other rushing into build the system often causes such waste of money and troubleshooting time. You should have rightfully informed MD and had it got sorted that time itself.
If none of the options work then the only option is to take the mobo to a local pc repair person who can obtain the pin from a dead mobo and carefully install/solder on yours,

Back