CPU/Mobo PC Not booting

devil+

Disciple
Yesterday my friend had a problem with his computer
he was trying to install windows 8 and his pc was working before very well but after some time , the pc restarts itself and this happened again and again.
his PC was not booting... display was there...but power led on motherboard is lighting ....PSU working .....cpu and gpu fan running the DVD drive works....but it just won't boot. What do he should do ? please help. he tried running my mobo with a different PSU but the same thing happens.
he also tried different ram but nothing happened.
his config:
GIGABYTE GA78 S2P mobo
G-SKILL 2*2GB 1600 Mhz RAM
COOLER MASTER 460W PSU
AMD PHENOM 520
SPARKLE GT240 GPU
SEAGATE 1TB HDD

need help urgent .................!!!!!!!!!!!

Check if his hdd is working in another computer. Maybe his hdd has failed or due to some unforeseen circumstances the mbr or boot disk might be wiped out. Try booting from a linux live CD from DVD drive.

Seems like windows 8 restore has failed to me. I remembered same thing happened to me and only way is to reinstall it again.

Clear bios settings, then try booting from CD drive with a live CD. Seems bios is not searching for boot device.

Format the disk and install windows again. Check the disk for errors if you have Seagate disk diagnosis program on CD.

Format the disk and install windows again. Check the disk for errors if you have Seagate disk diagnosis program on CD.
he formatted the disk but error is still there
don't know what is the problem???????
he also tried installing windows on his second hdd but still errors.....

Back