CPU/Mobo PC not POSTING, Fans working.

@

fahd123 --Dude i'm damn sure your mobo have gone kaput.

If you can then try another supportive proccy in your mobo and m sure it too wont boot.

Why are you guys confusing him.

In cases of no Post

First check whether the motherboard speaker is installed or not,if it is it makes the diagnosis really easy.

Check the PSU first,2 ways of doing this using a multimeter or replacing the PSU and then running the computer.

Second suspect would be the motherboard, the easiest way to check it is removing all the memory modules and then turning on the computer,it should give a long beep if it doesn't then there is something wrong with the motherboard or the CPU.

The CPU is rarely damaged I mean its chances of going bad compared to the motherboard are so low that it can be safely assumed that the motherboard is at fault,but if you want you can run some check for the CPU also by trying it on some other PC with the same socket on the mobo and support for the CPU.

If the RAM was at fault the motherboard would have given a long beep and then the RAM and GPU should have been checked by using them with a different PC. :)

mihir.khatwani said:
Why are you guys confusing him.

In cases of no Post

First check whether the motherboard speaker is installed or not,if it is it makes the diagnosis really easy.

Check the PSU first,2 ways of doing this using a multimeter or replacing the PSU and then running the computer.

Second suspect would be the motherboard, the easiest way to check it is removing all the memory modules and then turning on the computer,it should give a long beep if it doesn't then there is something wrong with the motherboard or the CPU.

The CPU is rarely damaged I mean its chances of going bad compared to the motherboard are so low that it can be safely assumed that the motherboard is at fault,but if you want you can run some check for the CPU also by trying it on some other PC with the same socket on the mobo and support for the CPU.

If the RAM was at fault the motherboard would have given a long beep and then the RAM and GPU should have been checked by using them with a different PC. :)

I followed the same procedure and then got the mobo repaired :)

It is working now.

Moreover, None of the nehru place shops has a new G31 Mobo, they only had G41 with a ddr3. So had to get it repaired anyway.

Good to know it worked out for you mate.

The problem with repaired motherboards is they never last long.

I hope it works out for you.

I have gotten my P6T Deluxe repaired twice and I think another one is down the road. ;)

I've got the same problem and the mobo is definitely the culprit(all other components verified) though I couldn't see any damaged capacitor on it either :(

Back