PC not responding.help

grshnehete

Disciple
my Pc starts properly,but after 2-3mins it stops funtioning. mouse moves ,num lock works, but u cant do anything.if i double click on my computer(or any other icon) it opens only when pc again comes back to life after 5 mins.I dont know whats the problem.PC works fine after initial hang up.I have formatted entire hard disk and re-installed Xp and 7
My PC
core 2 duo 2.2
Gigabyte G31-mes2l
XFX 8600gt 256mb
2GB ram
Vip 300w SMPS

Did you format the entire hdd ( all partitions) or just the boot partition ?. If you have formatted/ re-partitioned the entire hdd and still if this problem persists, then you have to check if any software which you install after O/s installation is causing this. Is your PC ok after O/s installation (without any 3rd party apps installed) ?. type msconfig under RUN and try removing any startup item and see if this resolves your issue.

I can think of two main reasons for your troubles.

One your PSU is not powerful enough, and two your CPU is heating up excessively.

Check your hard-drive connectors, processor and PSU fans to see if they are running alright and clear out the dirt from the cabinet.

I have checked all the things u told.checked by removing graphic card .temp is fine(32-37).Formatted the entire hard disk.fresh OS also behaving the same way.Dont know what to do?help

You dint mention the O/s you r using. Did you try any other O/s and checked ?. Are you facing this issue prior to installing device drivers or after installing device drivers ?. Did you try updating drivers ?. Did you change your RAM with your friends one ?

This seems to be an HDD issue. Is your HDD activity light blinking like crazy while it "hung"

Would recommend

1) Try another HDD

2) Try Linux (Just to ensure it is not just Windows)

Back