PC Peripherals Pc not starting up

I have a AMD 3.0 ghz pc with msi neo 2 platinum and 1 gb ddr ram with windows xp.Whenever i start my pc it gets hanged in the booting section.
Again when i restart it it goes forward from the booting section and hangs in the section when the win xp loads.The blue bar which is their in win xp loading section stops in the middle.Then when i restart it again it give the selection to start windows normally and then windows start.

So can any one pls give me the solution to the problem.

amd 3.0 GHS :O means socket 939 :S

hey set you default speed

you are overcloking higher xp would nto boot up :p because of oc higher cause cpu tem heat up set lower speed to 2.7 ghs or 2.8 if work

btw i oc 2.88 ghs at stock fan ide is 35 loading 45-50

arunhalo said:
amd 3.0 GHS :O means socket 939 :S

hey set you default speed

you are overcloking higher xp would nto boot up :p because of oc higher cause cpu tem heat up set lower speed to 2.7 ghs or 2.8 if work
btw i oc 2.88 ghs at stock fan ide is 35 loading 45-50

I am not overclocking my comp.:).
yep my socket is 939.Also i have two hard disk attached to my comp.one is primary which is an 40 gb ide and the other is sec which is 250 gb sata.Also can reseting my bios do the job re.How to reset the bios then.
Thanks for the help.:)

It seems something out of the two:

1-Ur Ram.

2-HSF is not touching the CPU AND/OR not good heat dissipation/air movement inside cabinet.

First reset ur bios by loading default values of mobo.

If doesnt help, then remove the RAM(s) and clean the ram connectors(not the ram slot) by rubbing an Eraser very lightly and make sure u clean the ram nicely. And also Make sure ur HSF is touching the CPU.

If doesnt work then disconnect everything and use Jumpers to clear CMOS data. Find out how in ur mobo manual.

Good Luck, post back.

there can be 3 possible causes:

1] RAM might not functionin well/ become disfuntional .clean ur ram and readjsut it.
2] power problem its remote but not ruled out. check ur poweer conecters r fitted tightedly .

3} may be ur XP is curropted and may have viruses (BOOT sector ) so reinstall it after formatting.

check 4 error message any.

paur3 said:
there can be 3 possible causes:

1] RAM might not functionin well/ become disfuntional .clean ur ram and readjsut it.
2] power problem its remote but not ruled out. check ur poweer conecters r fitted tightedly .

3} may be ur XP is curropted and may have viruses (BOOT sector ) so reinstall it after formatting.

check 4 error message any.

1) how can i check if my ram is working properly.is their any way in which i can check my ram.

2) my power connectors r connected properly but the 8 socket pin which connects to the mother board has some brown marks within the last three pins.

I would say there is no problem with your hardware, OS is corrupted. Try reinstalling XP, just the OS, keep the other things as is so that you do not loose any data.

Back