pc problem!!!

nash8789

Disciple
hav certain issues with my pc (not sure if this software or hardware)

1)computer restarts when playing CS

2)sometimes after windows login screen it freezes.

only after 4-5 restarts i get it to load

3)sometimes services are not started and I hav to start them manually

4)run=>CMD screen stays active for few seconds and closes.

and in firefox some sites do not open(microsoft.com)

PC specs=>phenom 2X4 810

ram 2gb DDR3

PSU=>cooler master real pro 450w

windows XP service pack 2

Your fifth point.. Cannot open Microsoft.com.. its a malware issue, and from the looks of it a lot of malware may have caused the issues you just described. If thats the case, malwarebytes should help you remove the malware. If you cannot open the download site, its probably because its been blocked by your malware too. Get the latest setup from elsewhere and let it clean your entire pc. Most of the malware comes through usb drives.. I suggest you use an above average anti virus in future.

I deleted servcies.msc all location except system 32 and then restrated
and now I get a screen to select 4 options
1)safe mode
2) safe mode with networking
3) last known config
any mode that I select it load loading screen and restarts...

Hey nash!

The symptoms you mentioned that your PC gives are because of a virus infections...its called the Conficker virus...check this link for more info on this Conficker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...

This is more info on the same....as you said your not able to go to microsoft.com try n check this link on some other computer...

http://www.microsoft.com/security/worms/Conficker.aspx

Here's the link which can help you to stop the worm from spreading and removing it...

Virus alert about the Win32/Conficker worm

The above link has a link for Microsoft's Malicious software removal tool...

You can either download that and run it on your computer...

Or you can follow the manual steps mentioned there...

And again as you said your not able to access the microsoft sites...you can access the links on some other computer....

EDIT:Oops forgot the easiest fix(though not exactly east infact a tedious work you wont like to do)....reinstalling your OS...

Hope this helps!

Back