CPU/Mobo PC randomly power off

bobbyprajan

Disciple
Since couple of days my PC power off in a few minutes after switch on. If i immediately try to power it back on, it switches off in seconds. If i try after maybe half an hour or so, it again sits up for a few minutes. The case is open so no heating issues. There are intake and exhaust 120mm CM fans. The CPU heatsink, heatsinks on the chipset and VRMs are barely warm. The PSU exhaust air temps are also normal.

The PSU is a POV BlackDiamond 500W, CPU is Phenom II 965 BE C3, Motherboard is Asus M4-A785TD-V-EVO, 2 x 2 GB GSkill Ripjaws, WD 640 AAKS and XFX 4770. The CPU heatsink is a CM Hyper 212 (old version) with a CM Excalibur fan.

Today morning i removed hard disk cables, graphics card, reseated the memory and cleared the CMOS. It stayed at the "No valid boot device" for some time. I reconnected the hard disk and boot to windows. Windows stays up for some time, i switched off and connected the 4770. It seemed to be fine. I tried playing a few games and still no issues. I ran OCCT for 1 hour and it clears that and stays up another 3 hours just fine. My wife sits at the computer to check her email, it again shuts off

Where to go from here ?

bobby

@Hades.

1. When i can access the bios/when i can boot to windows, the cpu temps are 35 degrees, and 48 degrees after 1 hour of OCCT

2. I will do memtest86 when i get it work next time, last time when it worked, i played games for nearly an hour and it clears OCCT without any issues. Anyways will give it a try

3. I have already tried it, same issue.

4. I do not have access to another good PSU, only generic ones are available. I dont want to risk the components with them

Thanks for your suggestions

Bobby

bobbyprajan said:
@Hades.

1. When i can access the bios/when i can boot to windows, the cpu temps are 35 degrees, and 48 degrees after 1 hour of OCCT

2. I will do memtest86 when i get it work next time, last time when it worked, i played games for nearly an hour and it clears OCCT without any issues. Anyways will give it a try

3. I have already tried it, same issue.

4. I do not have access to another good PSU, only generic ones are available. I dont want to risk the components with them

Thanks for your suggestions

Bobby
Do post a screenshot of ur GPU and CPU load temps... if u can...

To stress GPU use FurMark...

Finally got the motherboard replaced by Rashi Peripherals. I took it to the service center twice, and it worked fine there for some time. Took it back and at home the problem showed up again. Wrote to Asus directly, received a reply within 10 mins and they hooked me up with the service-in-charge at Cochin. He was very helpful and polite. He requested to give them the entire system so that they can diagnose it. Gave them the system and they could see the problem the 2'nd day. He acknowledged the fault is with the motherboard and replaced it on the 3'rd day.

Bobby

Back