Budget 51-70k PC Rebuild Suggestions

I am trying to rebuild my age-old intel since my i7 gave up.
Original plan was to wait & upgrade - unfortunately, my i7 gave up & newer ryzen processor which I was waiting for seems like :cry:.
Need help with specs, cpu case - Open to suggestions...
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel I7 3rd Gen
    • Monitor - 2x LG 1080p 144HZ Monitor
    • PSU - Corsair VS600 - 2 Years Old
    • Storage : 1x SSD's, 2x HDD
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • GPU
    • PSU
    • Monitors, Storage
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/78e2afd5-d5f4-4d12-ac66-790ab7ffddf8
    • 1726828122014.png
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No Upgrades Planned as of now
    • May upgrade CPU Cooler if required
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Pune - Local dealer giving above build at ~60k
    • Any Online Platform
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Occasional Gaming (FPS, Action-Adventure) & Media Consumption
    • Development
  8. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No plans yet
  9. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows, Linux - Dual Boot

Used most of the content from @ch@ts post in this forum.
I want to keep this system for at least 5 years. I also want a quiet, low-power system. I have a slim case that I want to use, which doesn't have space for a tower cooler.
  • CPU CASE: Need Help with cpu case - I want one that takes minimal space (Width around 21cm or less).
    • Options I found - Feel free to shoot better options if any
      • Lian LI 205M Mesh - mATX Compact Case
      • NZXT H5 Flow - ATX, eATX Larger Case - like this one but seems quite huge - not sure this fits in compact case reqs
      • Ant Esports ICE100 - Compact with ATX support
  • Is ryzen 7 7700 worth it as compared to 7600 for productivity/development task? - 40% premium over 7600
  • Is Corsair VS600 sufficient for my case ?

If prices are expected to come down in a few months, I'm okay with waiting.
I am wondering if it makes sense to wait for upcoming Amazon, and Flipkart(not that I would prefer to buy from here) Sales for a price drop - I've noticed that their prices are usually higher than other online platforms, so I'm wondering if the prices with a card discount will be lower than the current price. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• pcpricetrackerbuild.png
    pcpricetrackerbuild.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hey, looks like we're two Puneites both looking to buy new components.
I live near NIBM, if your dealers not too far from here, then we could try and make our purchase together and see if we get a better deal. Otherwise, there are good deals on Amazon at the moment, especially if you have an SBI card (I don't.)

About your components.
I like the LianLi case. It looks like it'll have more than enough airflow and is pretty. Even the Ant Esports seems good to me. They both include fans, but the Ant has 3 to the LianLi's 2.
I'd go for the cheapest one that I think looks nice enough, as it doesn't add anything to performance - unless it affects thermals, which I don't think will be a problem with these cases.

Which GPU are you currently using? Unless you mention that, we can't comment on the VS600.

Personally I'd go for a cheaper motherboard. If I go for a 8600G then I'd probably buy the MSI Pro B650M-P. It's about 11k, and the only thing it lacks is Wi-Fi, and 1 fan header. There's also another MSI WiFi board for about 11 k on Amazon.

For RAM there's a deal for a Crucial 32GB kit on Amazon. @ 8699 - minus any card discount.

There's about an Rs.8000 price difference between the 7600 and 7700. If you're going to be using your PC intensively and using those extra cores, then get the more powerful CPU. But if you're only rarely going to do really demanding work, and don't mind waiting a little bit (probably a very little bit) then get the 7600.

I would also invest in an M2 drive. It'll have a bigger performance impact than a more powerful CPU.

Disclaimer - I have no idea how good the M/b and RAM I cited here are. I have no idea which brands are good in terms of service/quality at the moment.

I live near NIBM, if your dealers not too far from here, then we could try and make our purchase together and see if we get a better deal.
Worth a shot. I tried contacting the local dealer from Tilak Road.

Which GPU are you currently using? Unless you mention that, we can't comment on the VS600.
I have Sapphire RX6700 XT - seems like edit message didn't got updated
There's about an Rs.8000 price difference between the 7600 and 7700. If you're going to be using your PC intensively and using those extra cores, then get the more powerful CPU. But if you're only rarely going to do really demanding work, and don't mind waiting a little bit (probably a very little bit) then get the 7600.
Makes Sense - Will go through comparisons

I would also invest in an M2 drive. It'll have a bigger performance impact than a more powerful CPU.
Yes, That's the plan to buy it during the upcoming sales from 26th, as most of the time. I have seen prices going pretty low on Amazon sales for SSD's

Back