PC Peripherals PC Restarting without any warning or notice

plz help me with this brothers

last week i bought a new cabinet coolermaster and shifted all my pheripherals into it from the old one in the process i detached the processor also from mobo
and fixed it properly (I think so, it is easy as it is intel proc).
and i installed new OS(xp). from that onwards my PC is restarting every now and then when ever some load (even small such as opening adobe reader) is increased and after it is restarted its giving some error message like " System has been recovered from serious error" .
plz suggest me something to get out of this.
It is showing me hell everyday.
where is the fault

1) Re-install OS

2) Check Processor again (proper installation with heatsink & some glue... at least my P4 have some black color clay type material in between heatsink & processor surface)

3) Check SMPS/PSU

I'm not sure whether it will solve your problem or not. But I had similar problem in different way, like when ever I switch on/off any equipment in my house pc restart automatically; I change my local PSU with Powersafe 400 Gold & in last 3 yrs ZERO problem.

HTH :)

PS: Give your system details here for more precise suggestions from other members.

@Emperor

Thnq for ur Suggestion

My Config
Proc: E7200
Mobo: zebronics 945
Ram: 2Gb DDr2 @667(local brand)
HDD1: 160Sata
HDD2: 120 IDE
PSU: local 400W
may be iam right or not
I think the problem is with the RAM
How can i test that.

I believe the problem is because of CPU overheating.

I assume you are using Intel stock cooler and when you brought out your CPU from the mobo socket and put it again, you forgot to apply thermal paste or seat the heatsink properly.

Download a program called Core Temp and see what is the temperature for your CPU. Post back with details

Missing thermal paste is quite a big possibility here. Post back if u applied any after u removed the proccy.

Back