CPU/Mobo PC running hot.. Help !!

karthikus

Disciple
My configuration is as follows

Intel E7500 @2.93Ghz | Gigabyte g31m-es2l | Cooler Master Extreme Plus 650 Watts | 3GB Transcend 667Mhz ram | MSI Gtx 260 896 MB | Seagate 500 GB | Logitech internet PRO KB+Mouse | Creative Inspire M4500 5.1 | Samsung 2033SW | Samsung CDDVDW

And here are my temps.

Imageshack - realtemp.png

Imageshack - tempsw.png

And my PSU is running so hot !! i have 3 120 mm fans one at back, one in front and one at side. Even if i touch the top of the pc i can feel the heat. PLease help !! And moreover the processor heat sinks are fitted properly and so is the processor fan. The cables are also not hovering infront of the components. Thats why i cant track down the actual reason for the pc heat!! please help !@!

I also suspect the PSU.Is PSU the culprit for my hot PC !!!!!????

The power supply can seldom be a culprit but in any case, that power supply is as bad as the CM Extreme Power 600W. If you have the moolah, have it changed for something worthwhile.

My friend is gonna get a new pc with config

e7300

g31 gigabyte board

250 gb hdd

HD 4670 gfx card

2 gb ram

dvd writer etc

Can i sell this current PSU to him ?? Or will there be some risk involved in using this PSU with his pc??

If i have to sell my PSU where can i sell it in richtie street??

If i have to get a new PSU how about a corsair vx 450 is ti enough??? Also it does not have 2 six pin connectors which my gfx card requires. .... ANy suggestions ??

You can sell it off in the forums as well. :)

Yeah the VX450 is a good choice and recommended to most entry-level and budget gaming systems. It has 1 PCI-Ex connector. You can buy a 6pin PCI-Ex to 2 molex 4pin connectors. your card must have come with one - check!

^ Cooler Master Extreme Plus 650 Watts will be more then enough for your friend's PC ...

doono about richtie street :p

yes VX-450 is enough for your current config but if you upgrade your gpu in future to something like radeon 68xx or Thermi(Fermi:p) 2nd gen. cards,then u will have to upgrade your PSU...

you can always convert 2 x molex to one 6 PIN connector :)

Those temps look okay to me. They're not ideal, but they're hardly extreme.
Where are you located? How high are the ambient temps?

How are the fans configured? Are the front and side fans pulling air in, and the rear one blowing it out?

Where's your cabinet located? Is there enough ventilation around it?

Which power profile are you running? Is it performance, or balanced?

karthikus said:
My configuration is as follows

Intel E7500 @2.93Ghz | Gigabyte g31m-es2l | Cooler Master Extreme Plus 650 Watts | 3GB Transcend 667Mhz ram | MSI Gtx 260 896 MB | Seagate 500 GB | Logitech internet PRO KB+Mouse | Creative Inspire M4500 5.1 | Samsung 2033SW | Samsung CDDVDW

And here are my temps.

Imageshack - realtemp.png

Imageshack - tempsw.png

Those temperatures cannot be taken to be conclusive. It just shows that after 15 seconds of opening RealTEMP you hit a temperature of ~51C at 8:53AM....!

Will not help much to judge. Run the full sensor test, and post the summary screen shot of each step, as RealTEMP and Prime95 load your CPU. Its the distance to TJMax which is important, of course at load.

iamddevil said:
Those temps look okay to me. They're not ideal, but they're hardly extreme.
Where are you located? How high are the ambient temps?

How are the fans configured? Are the front and side fans pulling air in, and the rear one blowing it out?

Where's your cabinet located? Is there enough ventilation around it?

Which power profile are you running? Is it performance, or balanced?
The ambient temperatures are around 45 degrees . Cabinet is situated in a place where a lot of ventilation is available. And the front fan is blowing the air in and the rear ones blowin the air out.

The power plan in high performance .. not balanced

asingh said:
Those temperatures cannot be taken to be conclusive. It just shows that after 15 seconds of opening RealTEMP you hit a temperature of ~51C at 8:53AM....!

Will not help much to judge. Run the full sensor test, and post the summary screen shot of each step, as RealTEMP and Prime95 load your CPU. Its the distance to TJMax which is important, of course at load.
Here s the test results

Imageshack - testyy.png

any suggestions ???

If your ambient temps are 45 degrees, your cpu, gpu system temps will be atleast 4-5 degrees higher than that. But I doubt the temps in your room are that high.

Enable the balanced power profile, so that the cpu downclocks when it's idle, and your cpu temps should drop by atleast ~5-7 degrees.

Also, the side fan should be blowing air in as well.

Back