CPU/Mobo PC Shutting down every 2 hours - Help!

kool

Disciple
Hi Friends, My uncle has Intel Dual core wit 1gb ddr1 ram,80 gb HDD, the computer automatically turns off after using it for about 1 or 2 hours and does not turn on for next 15-20 min, i doubt it to be a Heating issue what can be done to it? and in case if it is not heating issue what are the other possibilities??:huh:

I suspect the same. First install HWMonitor software and check the temp of your components. Next you can open the system, blow off the dust (dont use vacuum cleaner :D) , clean the fans and also check if all the cooling components are functioning properly. Then run the system once again and with the HWmonitor, to see if there is any improvement.

If he is running Windows 7, its time you get rid of it :D

anyways, check if the CPU fan is running, i had a similar issue with my old PC, my system used to shut down after 15 mins of Mafia (which is an epic game btw) and it turned out to be a problem in the processor fan.

like everyone said....its a huge possibility that its an overheating issue

so, first of all download core temp or speedfan, and check for the temperatures

if they are high, like more than 85 or 90, then it is an overheating issue for sure

try cleaning the fan over the heatsink, also, if u can, apply fresh thermal compound

also, dont keep the CPU very close to the wall from the back side, it doesnt help moving the hot air out

and if the temp are not too high, go to BIOS and change the limit to higher values for which pc shud shut down, not recommended though

also, reply if the problem is solved or not

check PSU & CPU fan speed,Does its slowing down over usage or spins slowly,check the same & replace if required.Does the Case had enough air circulation or blocked by something ! check now ! dont turn on the system for long hrs before solving the problem,else more components will get damaged !

I don't think it could completely be a heating issue. I don't think "Heating up" takes a whole two hours, if it does get overheated it will happen sooner.

When did it start to happen ? Changed anything?

kool said:
Hi Friends, My uncle has Intel Dual core wit 1gb ddr1 ram,80 gb HDD, the computer automatically turns off after using it for about 1 or 2 hours and does not turn on for next 15-20 min, i doubt it to be a Heating issue what can be done to it? and in case if it is not heating issue what are the other possibilities??:huh:

Does it totally turn off, or just goes into hibernate.

dude its windows 7 anti piracy...

:) many windows 7 which were either RTM or pre-release editions are if updated facing same issue

lets see another symptom is that PC shuts off. But when you press restart you dont get SAFE mode. which means it was shutting down after every 2 hrs.

if its heat issue u would be getting that safe mode start up every time u restart

do update if its the sames scene

Back