Budget 0-20k PC Upgrade for Office Use

malhotraraul

Skilled
Friends, this is the story of almost every office, I work with an Architectural Firm in Mumbai & our office needs a serious PC upgrading.

Almost 70 PC's, hence it will be a huge expense to office, I want to suggest them a cheapest yet effective configuration which can at least sustain for 3 years.

What is your budget?
Cheapest

Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Some Processors i3 & i5
Monitor
HDD
Cabinet
Keyboard / Mouse

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
suggestions required for
Motherboard
Ram (8GB)
SMPS
Graphics Card (optional)

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Online or Offline

Local city - Mumbai

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Autocad 2013
Revit 2013
Photoshop CS3 / CS4
Sketchup 7 / 8
Acrobat CS3 / CS4
MS Office 2010

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No preference

Are you looking to overclock?
No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows XP 64 Bit / 7 64 Bit

Last edited:
I guess all those i5 and i3 cpus you have either based on SB or IB so for motherboard look for asus P8B75M-LX @~4.5k, Ram : Kingston Hypex Blu 1600 Mhz 4GB modules. PSU : Antec VP350, Graphics Crad : Nvidia Quadro series.

Would suggest to make a bifurcation as to which PCs will run what. That way, you can opt for Pentium dual cores for those PCs which are not going to run revit/autocad. The ones which are going to used for high end software, look at recommended system requirment for them and go from there.

^ Almost 50% of the machines have revit, after some time 100% machines will have revit, all machines will have them since its an architectural firm.

In that case, @malhotraraul, please mention the exact software and version numbers whic you plan to use. Based on this, we can give some good inputs.

Anyways, purchase 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM and the HDDs for the machines anyways, since thats going to be a common factor, Intel or AMD.

Revit performs best on Intel core cpus like SB, IB and HS so getting haswell based combo [ cpu+mobo] is recommended.

Back