Budget 21-30k PC Upgrade Help ~

petra1

Disciple
1.Q: What is your budget?
a.25k

2.Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
a.CPU - Intel P4
b.Motherboard - Intel

c.GPU - no idea

d.RAM - Transcend 2X1GB

e.Monitor - Dell

f.SMPS - basic

g.(please mention the rest in above format)

3.Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
a.Monitor - Dell
b.SMPS - no
c. keyboard, mouse, 1 tb HDD and 80 gb old hdd.
d. lg cd/dvd writer.

4.Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

a. Intel Core i5
b. GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
c. Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz (no gaming or HD video, so isn't 4gbx1 enough)?
d. Seasonic S12II 520W
e. Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus or Corsair 300R

5.Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

All final components.

6.Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
a.Chennai
b.Open to online purchase

7.Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
a.No

8.Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
a. downloading work related audio/word files
b.Browsing
c.Desktop Processing

9.Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Any brand

10.Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
No gaming

11.Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
2.Desktop - 1440x900

12.Q: Are you looking to overclock?
a.No

13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
a.Windows 7 64 bit

PS: I want to make my desktop wireless, how u do that?

ComponentModelPrice
ProcessorIntel i3-3220 or Intel i5-23107000 or 10500
MotherboardGIGABYTE-B75M-D3H4500
RAMCorsair Vengeance 4GB or 8GB1400 or 2800
PSUSeasonic S12 II 430W3200
CabinetCM Elite 311 plus3000
Total19100 or 24000

This setup would be sufficient enough for you. 8GB RAM would be good as you are using 64-bit version and with time anyways applications are getting bloated and use more RAM. If you prefer you can go for 4GB now and 4GB a little later. But since you have the budget you can go for it straight away too.

Similarly for processor a Ivy Bridge i3 would suffice but since you seem to upgrade only after 7yrs or so you can go for the Sandy Bridge i5 too since its still within your budget.

If your DVD drive or the the 80GB HDD are IDE ones then they wont work on this motherboard since they lack an IDE port.

Plus a Seasonic S12 II 430w power supply would be sufficient enough and for such a moderate set up the CM ELite 311 plus too is good enough since it anyways has a front USB 3.0 port that can take advantage of the motherboard's internal USB 3.0 port.
petra1 pEtRa

Thank you.

Where to buy all this online or any shops in Chennai. Challenger computers is close to my house.

Should I go for Corsair Vengence or Gskin Ripjaw - confused here?

:)

Thank you.

1. The Gigabyte board is available in IT Depot for Rs. 4045, is it ok to buy there ?
2. I cannot find CM Elite 311+ around 3k, anywhere you can point (all site has 3k above)?

My old PC was a HP Pavilion bought 8 years back with 80 gb HDD, 2 GB RAM now added, and new motherboard changed too (basic) - the systerm was slow.

My PC will be active 24x7. Will the new setup with the configuration you suggested will be very fast?

Hello,

Finally, I ordered the following from Challenger (close to my home):

Intel i5 2310 2.90 Ghz - 10,400
GIGABYTE B75M D3H - 4,150
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x 2 - 2,900
Seasonic S12 II 430W - 3,300 (IT Wares - online)
CM Elite 311 Plus - 3,300

Total - 24,900 (including tax)

Back