Budget 41-50k PC Upgrade

Hehe :) , What you read was correct and I had read the same, it would've been clearer if you had given me these details a bit earlier.

Xonar DG is pretty good, much much better than the on-board audio. I've not done any tuning for it as it runs decent with the stock settings. We do get a variety of drivers to choose from.

I definitely think it's worth getting, I had a few headphones that needed an AMP for more volume, so got Xonar DG primarily for them. Xonar DG has made the sound much more open, balanced, and louder. I dont think it uses HW acceleration as it does take off the heavy audio processing from the processor in some games that use HW accelerated sound that used to slow down my system. Also audio re-sampling in foobar to 192 samples/sec used to eat up upto 50% CPU processing power earlier, now it's all done by the sound card with almost nil CPU utilization. The maximum quality improvement was seen for the headphones where the static, pop-out, white, and other types of noise are not present anymore, apart from that the audio volume also increased.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the 1.8K odd I spent on Asus Xonar DG.

Too much OT now, the doubt still remains is there any difference in the performance of B87 vs H97 vs B85 ?

Back