WTB Pcie to M.2 and Pcie to Sata Expansion Cards

mantheman

Disciple
Wanted to buy these

1. Pcie to M.2 for my storage expansion on Windows (Motherboard is H310 and available PCIe slot is x1)
2. Pcie to SATA Ports (2 or 4 ports depending on the price) for expanding my TrueNas Scale Sever.
61dBqaV6jJL._SL1500_.jpg
71AZKhRXzfL._SL1500_.jpg

1. The card works but you will be limited to around 400MB/s due to pcie 2.0 x1 slot meaning around sata ssd level performance.

2. Such pcie to sata cards also work but it is suggested to use them for non-intensive tasks/accessing 1-2 hdd simultaneously as they are prone to cause issues/data corruption under sustained severe load while accessing multiple hdd simultaneously.

1. The card works but you will be limited to around 400MB/s due to pcie 2.0 x1 slot meaning around sata ssd level performance.

2. Such pcie to sata cards also work but it is suggested to use them for non-intensive tasks/accessing 1-2 hdd simultaneously as they are prone to cause issues/data corruption under sustained severe load while accessing multiple hdd simultaneously.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I have a pcie to sata card too . Does not work as advertised . I have the one with 4 sata out ports . The controllers used are cheap . So can use maximum with 1 or 2 disks . Also data corruption happens . Not recommended unless you absolutely have to have it .

Last edited:
I have a pcie to sata card too . Does not work as advertised . I have the one with 4 sata out ports . The controllers used are cheap . So can use maximum with 1 or 2 disks . Also data corruption happens . Not recommended unless you absolthave to have it .
That is sad since my budget will cover only the cheap ones.. :confused:
-----------
Payment is done to @ibose for 4 ports SATA. Waiting for tracking details.

Last edited:
Back