Disciple
Bro in UK.. coming back soon.. gonna get from amazon.co.uk

options -

HP iPAQ 214 Pocket PC - Rs. 18,980/-

Blackberry storm - shall get from india, vodafone.. - Rs. 27k

HP iPAQ 914c Business Messenger - Rs. 19,710/-

please suggest..

purpose -

1. accessing emails on move - through 3g, GPRS or wifi connectivity.
2. accessing documents, spread sheets on move.
3. surfing - preferably big screen size for better view..
4. if possible the usage of gtalk, skype messengers.

so kind of a pocket pc.. with phone facilities. can be smartphone.

need suggestions, opinions.. wanna purchase in a week..

thanks..

The Blackberry Storm is a worthless phone(really buggy).
If you want a large screen, Nokia 5800XM.
Symbian S60 can do everything that a Blackberry and Windows Mobile can do(except use Microsoft Exchange and Blackberry connect) because of the large number of 3rd party applications available.
Other options would be the Nokia E71.

If you want Windows Mobile phone, check out the HTC Touch 3G, Asus P552w, Samsung i780.

From the office apps perspective and as a sheer e-mail machine nothing comes even a mile closer to the WinMo + Office Mobile.

It can handle all file formats.
email is as good as outlook.
Exchange integration is a breeze.

It has its issues though:
Default browser IE s*cks to the core
still 65K color.
Resistive touchscreen is so passe
Battery hog.

With all these issues accouted for i'll still advice to go for the WinMo. And HP sells backup batteries as well. So it should not be an issue for you.

hotshot05 said:
The Blackberry Storm is a worthless phone(really buggy).

If you want a large screen, Nokia 5800XM.

Symbian S60 can do everything that a Blackberry and Windows Mobile can do(except use Microsoft Exchange and Blackberry connect) because of the large number of 3rd party applications available.

That's the main reason why WinMo and BB phones beat any Symbian phone in a corporate environment. What good is a 30k Symbian if doesn't support basic BES/BIS? The 5800XM won't work as well as a BB or WM phone.

My advice to the OP would be to ditch all three and get a Touch Pro.

gforce said:
That's the main reason why WinMo and BB phones beat any Symbian phone in a corporate environment. What good is a 30k Symbian if doesn't support basic BES/BIS? The 5800XM won't work as well as a BB or WM phone.

My advice to the OP would be to ditch all three and get a Touch Pro.
Can you tell me what is so special about Microsoft Exchange and Blackberry service?

I mean if you want push email notification you can use this too: Register with m3m.in(buy the Rs.999/year pack if you receive a lot of mails) and get an address like 919xxxxxxxxx@m3m.in corresponding to your mobile number. Set up your email account to forward all received mail to that address. Whenever a new email arrives, you will be notified by sms. Then you can use your phone browser(or if you use GMail then the Gmail client) or any 3rd party application to access your mailbox and reply to your mail. I understand that replying to a mail using this method will take more time than with a Blackberry with push notification but the delay will only be of 1-2mins. Using this method you will be able to conserve your phone battery as it will be online only when needed and not always to receive push notification.

This method can be used with any mobile. I prefer this being used with the Nokia E63, Cheapest full QWERTY phone in market.

Back