OC & Modding PDP 3200+XBLK Test: Bandwidth Scores

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
My version of maskys thread here , a small test of the bandwidth scores at different frequencies and timings.

Test Setup :
A64 3000+
Msi Neo2 Plat
1G PDP 3200+XBLK

Through out the test the voltages were kept constant at 2.75 vdimm and 1.6 vcore. After that only the timings were changed and sandra bandwidth score was tested at different frequencies

Timings used:
  1. 3-4-4-8
  2. 2.5-3-3-7
  3. 2-3-3-6
  4. 2-2-2-5

and the results (tabulated them instead of posting 30 screenshots since it will be easier for you to compare)

looks like lower lanencies do give better bandwidth scores but not a lot.

Note: No Stability tests of any sort were run, the above benches are merely an indication of the bandwidth you are likely to get at different frequencies and timings. Hope it helped, this is the best i can do typing one handed :p

Why typing one handed??? Broke your other arm??? If so..... how??? Girlfriend threw you out of her window??? Or did she throw you out of your window??

KingKrool said:
Question: why does bottle have the title of "inexperienced member" after his 476 posts?
Oh all mods have the privilege of custom titles ! Ever noticed mine or quicks :eek:hyeah:

Btw Gr8 job bottle !

Bottle, great way you've lined up all the mem tests into one chart! Looks very neat and professional! :hap2:

One request though, perhaps voltages could be mentioned too? Would help people like Masky determining which mem suits them more based on their voltage limits ;)

and yeah, what happened to the other hand? :D

Crazy_Eddy said:
One request though, perhaps voltages could be mentioned too? Would help people like Masky determining which mem suits them more based on their voltage limits ;)

Through out the test the voltages were kept constant at 2.75 vdimm and 1.6 vcore. After that only the timings were changed and sandra bandwidth score was tested at different frequencies

:p

Crazy_Eddy said:
and yeah, what happened to the other hand? :D

slammed the door on it :( didja get the package i sent ya ?

Great chart, bottle! :cool2:
BTW, these Hardware thingies are somewhat not so popular with me! More of software for me! And yeah, mobile phones do rock! :clap: :phyeah:

woah, excellent review, really.

when i saw the first pic and the graph at glance, i thought u were pointing to a review to some otehr site, lol. well anyways, nice review there, keep it up

PS: Get well soon da :p and be carefull next time :p

bottle said:
Through out the test the voltages were kept constant at 2.75 vdimm and 1.6 vcore.

Woops, thanks for the clarification :D

Masky, these are really sweet timings at just 2.75V! What more are you looking for?!

slammed the door on it didja get the package i sent ya ?

Hope you dint slam it while sending the package ;)

Well tried some OC wid my OCZ.
This is what i cud reach till now.

250 @ 2-2-2-5 @ 3.2V Vdimm

Here are some Sisoft scores,

Facing some problems currently with OC'ing the board. :(

Doing some research to get answers to my problems.

Lets hope i get those sooner. ;)

Back