sunandoghosh

Disciple
PEN DRIVE - ultimate value for money

Respected advanced super ultimate techies,

Well...!!!

OBJECTIVE:

Purchase of a Pen Drive of 1 GB in Kolkata, India

BUDGET:

Rs 4000-5000 (a bit flexible if getting value for money)

REQUIREMENTS:

a. Company should be best in class (I have heard the name of kingston; transcend; zion etc but i want real best).

b. To give an example; it should be as like we go for APC for UPS; Antec for SMPS; Intel for processor; google for search; HP for printer...a real best company's pen drive.

c. It should minimum be of 1 GB size.

d. Maximum possible warranty period.

ADDITIONAL COMMENT:

Not sure but is it possible to get something like 2 GB or 5 GB pen drive within Rs. 5000-6000 range in Kolkata India....????????

CRITICAL COMMENT:

why did i address the question to super duper techies and not to dear forum members in general...bcz i personally believe only a super ultimate crazy geek (who loves eats dreams technology) would be using pen drive that costly...

CONCLUSION:

ALso if any one would like to share, comment, add, suggest, advice; u r more than welcome and its more than appreciated...

Thanks friends

cheers sunando

sunandoghosh at rediffmail dot com

p.s. anxioulsy waiting for the reply...love to everyone....cheers

Why do u have a knack of putting such wierd names to your threads :S. You can get a 1GB transcend usb drive for around 5.5K. (Thats what it was in hyd when i got one for myself) No idea of kolkata prices. You'd have to check it yourself but it should be similar.
2GB and higher drives will cost you a bomb.

Well to put your choices into view, Antec is not the best PSU... its PC Power and Cooling. Intel is not the best CPU, its AMD :p. HP is not the best in printers... its Xerox. The most well known brand of flash media is Sandisk. Its unavailable in India though.

Edit: Make sure your comp has USB2 ports (most comps with i845/nf2 or higher mobos will) else copying that 1GB of data will take ages :p

Well to put your choices into view, Antec is not the best PSU... its PC Power and Cooling. Intel is not the best CPU, its AMD . HP is not the best in printers... its Xerox. The most well known brand of flash media is Sandisk. Its unavailable in India though.

i think pc power and cooling and sandisk are not easily available in kolkata india.

as regards xerox not sure (as to superioiority and availability) and as regards amd not sure as regards superiority...

thanks for the insights though.... :) :) :)

seems transcend is best choice thanks again

Back