Permionics Pureflo Water Purifier - Do you recommend it

Spectre

Skilled
After reading various threads on purifiers here, I have zeroed in on Pureflo from Permionics

We are getting corporation water, which is pretty good treated soft water. I just want to ensure that I consume the best water possible from these water purfiers in the market

Spending on these cans doesnt make much sense now as we are directly getting corporation water onto our sumps now

Do you recommend this filter. Please suggest any other alternatives, if there are

Perday water consumption @ home would be 30-35 litres

Permionics dont have dealership in Chennai. So i need to get it shipped and fixing it myself, and for aftersales, i got to ship it back

Their response so far has been pretty good, answering all my queries well

From review it seems good one

But it doesnt seem to have panindia spread

website claims so user friendly and giving highly purified water,but there is very poor dealer and aftersales network

is this one so popular? i never heard of this one. I missed it somehow?

Yeah, its not pan-india, they dont have dealership setup at my place

But, as they say its a low maintenance device and whatever i read about them seems good

Any other handson or suggestions, please keep them coming :)

deleting my recommendation as I bought same brand product & it fails just in 30 days of purchase & company is very very problematic for Service they bluntly reply "it's self maintain product so you do service your own"

Permionics is a Baroda based company. I havent used its products myself but they seem to be satisfactory. However if youre looking for a brand of ultrafiltration purifiers with a pan-india presence, try Hindustan Lever.

why dont you go for pureit from HUL, it uses the same technology as pureflo. pureit has very less initial cost of 1.8k-2k but you have to change its germ kill kit worth rs 365 every 1500 litres but the pureflo one lasts longer and has higher initial cost. regarding service, pureit is easily available in chennai and you can even get a demo at your house. Here are the links for pureit:

Pureit Water Purifier

Contact Us

I have been using the Permionics Pureflo for a few years now and I am highly satisfied. It is great for corporation water. The only kind of water which it will not handle is one which is high in minerals (hard water) for which you require RO types.

However as someone siad about Rupali there are also a few others like it which use the same technology licensed by BARC I believe. They are far cheaper and should be as good. Yes there is Pureit also but for some strange reason (or perhaps I am ignorant) they choose to not handle running water which is a big inconvenience.

Thanks for the responses guys, appreciate that :)

I think I will go with Permionics based on all the good things i have heard about them, specially from resident Doc. The best part about it is the very low maintenance required
Only hard part would be shipping the unit back, incase of any manufacturing defects
I was assured the installation of the unit is very simple and DIY

adityamunshi said:
Permionics is a Baroda based company. I havent used its products myself but they seem to be satisfactory. However if youre looking for a brand of ultrafiltration purifiers with a pan-india presence, try Hindustan Lever.

@spectre : I have been using pureit for last six years now.

Almost all the friends of mine and relatives have the same device at their home.

Its highly satisfactory device with very low cost maintainance.

It does not require any maintainance except once in 4/5 years membrance cleaning and replacement of membrane at around about 7/8 years depending upon quality of water you receive.

If your area is not covered by Permionics then you can look for HUL / TATA / Philips / some other companies which have started making this devices. Lastly when I heard Kenstar and Eureka have also started this devices but to market high cost devices they have kept them under wraps.

if need more clarification do buzz. :D

@medpal, although pureit is proven safe I find tata swach a better option as its not chlorine based. Long term usage of chlorine has some side effects. would like to know your opinion on it too :)

Emil said:
Yes there is Pureit also but for some strange reason (or perhaps I am ignorant) they choose to not handle running water which is a big inconvenience.

The latest model from PureIT which comes for 3200/- takes water directly from tap. It also has an option for manually adding water in case running water is not available.

@Archish: All the chlorine is removed from pureIT in the last stage of purification. You should also remember that municipal water all over the world, including developed countries is purified by chlorination. A lot of research has gone into ensuring that it is safe. Moreover, Chlorine is a Gas. It escapes from standing water .

archish said:
@medpal, although pureit is proven safe I find tata swach a better option as its not chlorine based. Long term usage of chlorine has some side effects. would like to know your opinion on it too :)

I havent had chance to witness Tata Swach in action, so cant comment upon it. Chlorine used by municipal corporation is always within WHO guidelines so dont worry about it.
Spectre said:
Thanks doc, i really think u meant Pureflo and not Pureit :p

oops thats a typo thanks for pointing it out.

I have been using PureFloNF from permionics from last 3 months, and faces heel lot of problems (Product as well as service). In Short doesn't worth time and effort, for a product and company which does not has good product and service.

Same as you guys, I also surfed the internet for reviews on Permionics PureFlo NF, and land on the same page. Unfortunately, I bought the purifier after reading all the reviews and waiting for a month. But today I stand here feeling foolish about my decision and writing a review about how bad the product and service of this company is.

Its a long story, I'll summarize it for the benefit of readers.

I bought NF PureFlo NF on 16-June-2012 which stopped working on 10-Aug-2012 (Less than 2 months of installation). Local dealer came for servicing after a follow-up of 3-4 days, only after getting in touch with the Parent company.
Local dealer took the product for repairs on 19-Aug-2012 and brought it back on 25-Aug-2012 or 26-Aug-2012 (don't remember exactly), about being asked about what went wrong dealer came up with a funny reason of Air-Blockage. By the way purifier worked fine till 31-Aug-2012, and was not in use from 1-Sep-2012 till 12-Sep-2012, and I was shocked to find that it stopped working ("AGAIN") on 20-Sep-2012 (Less than 1 month of being repaired). As of now (22-Sep-2012 10:00 AM) I am following up with their dealer and the regional manager (who does not hesitates to give the excuse of bad water quality going bad, without even bothering that they (parent or the dealer) have not even touched the purifies till now.

I'll write a review shortly with Names,contact Details of the persons I have talked with and also emails I have exchanged with the the organizations and their representatives.

@Spectre : I have been using pureit for last six years now.

Almost all the friends of mine and relatives have the same device at their home.

Hi medpal,
i am quoting your 4 year old post - is Permionics pureflo still recommended?
Which Permionics pureflo model would you recommend for city water? NF or RO?

Thanks in advice

Hi medpal,
i am quoting your 4 year old post - is Permionics pureflo still recommended?
Which Permionics pureflo model would you recommend for city water? NF or RO?

Thanks in advice

I have been quoted 7750.00 for the UF model (all incl)

Does it sound right? How much have others paid for it?

Yes it still remains a very good choice if you are getting soft water supply.

and the price too appears reasonable.

Back