Pet GPS trackers – please share your experience

CeyeN

Disciple
I'm looking to buy a pet GPS tracker for my 3-year-old Labrador. There aren't many choices in India and for the few which are available, I don't know how reliable they are and how long the battery last. The last thing i want is another device which I have to charge on a daily basis.

Has anyone got any experience with pet trackers?. Please feel free to share your experience with me.

A few I've found so far.

1. Tractive - The best as per some reviews, but no SIM service in India as per their site
2. Fetaca - There are no reviews. Very less info available.
3. Trakbond - miserable 2 Day battery life.
4. Wagr - Seems good, but out of stock

I couldn’t find anything that was light and reliable, so as a last resort I’ve used airtags on all pets in the family. Almost everyone in the family has iPhones. Luckily never really had to use them. They’re also small enough that it doesn’t bother the dogs. The cat also doesn’t seem to mind it.

With iOS 17 apple has finally enabled AirTag sharing up-to 5 people.

I couldn’t find anything that was light and reliable, so as a last resort I’ve used airtags on all pets in the family. Almost everyone in the family has iPhones. Luckily never really had to use them. They’re also small enough that it doesn’t bother the dogs. The cat also doesn’t seem to mind it.

With iOS 17 apple has finally enabled AirTag sharing up-to 5 people.
This is great, But unfortunately i'm not tied in to the apple or samsung ecosystem, so no airtag or samsung tag for me. Maybe google will launch a universally compatible one like tile( i've heard bad reviews about it).

Back