Car & Bike Petrol car or Diesel car

petrol one. if you plan to use it mostly in the city limits and once a while to out of the town. apart diesel cars require hell lot of maintainence when compared to petrol ones.

I think petrol is the best fuel for cars...(sorry...Copenhagen is almost dead :) )

The noise is less, engine is lighter, and smells better (fragrance.. :) )

Even I think petrol is more environment friendly than diesel.

First things first: As some of the others said, if you drive more than 15-20k kms in a year, get the Diesel. It makes more economical sense.

Now, the important part.

Do you OC your CPU, RAM, GPU, etc? If you do, then it means you will get bored of a stock car very soon.

So, you will have the itch to enhance the performance of your car sooner rather than later. Now, in this scenario, it is better to buy a Diesel Swift as the 1.3DDIS has a lot of aftermarket support. You can get RD ECUs, Pete's tuning boxes, etc....

But a Petrol doesnt enjoy the same support and tuning that engine is trickier. So, if you want to mod your car after a year or so, get the Swift Diesel.

The petrol Swift is a sluggish car,quite boring to drive in stock form. The diesel is much more fun any given day.
Also for those who think, Diesels are expensive to maintain, well the situation is quite different now with new age diesels. They are quiet, more efficient, require less maintenance etc..

I happen to have both, the petrol as well as diesel variants and I prefer the Diesel more. done 60k kms in 2.5Yrs and still going strong irrespective of the abuse I throw at it :p

OT :
This is similar for the Getz too :D
Diesel is too much fun compared to the petrol counterparts :p

Amey said:
The petrol Swift is a sluggish car,quite boring to drive in stock form. The diesel is much more fun any given day.
Also for those who think, Diesels are expensive to maintain, well the situation is quite different now with new age diesels. They are quiet, more efficient, require less maintenance etc..

I happen to have both, the petrol as well as diesel variants and I prefer the Diesel more. done 60k kms in 2.5Yrs and still going strong irrespective of the abuse I throw at it :p

OT :
This is similar for the Getz too :D
Diesel is too much fun compared to the petrol counterparts :p

+1.. dunno why people still think diesel cars are difficult to maintain.. all the cars i own are diesel n it isn't that heavy on pocket.. + diesel = more torque.. more torque = more fun.. :eek:hyeah:

modern day diesels are very efficient and low on maintenance, esp this 1.3 Fiat engine.
It's a gem and with fully synthetic oil, it can do 15 K KM too.
even if your current monthly mileage is less than 1.5 k KM, it makes sense to buy a diesel as an investment.
trust me with a good car mileage/month increases.

Back