Pets ? and the crazy things they do.

aElien

Disciple
how many of you folks have pets! and what all crazy or funny things they do!?

i recently got a puppy. hes one month old now. Alsatian.

Also i wanted to ask a few things too.
My puppy is very well built and strong physically. but hes kinda lazy :S . he sleeps and sleeps and sleeps. these days hes gotten into taking a bite at things but hes again lazy at that. take the socks away from him and he wont mind. my last dog was like an dedicated munch-o-matic. he would jump around. do crazy things. the most creative this one gets is when it does a cat like thing and curl around my legs and then tries to chew the hair on my legs :S and he would this sexy licking and biting thing which would make you wanna marry the first unmarried girl you can find.
so id like a few words on his lazyness

he also does this backward drag thing. floors are slippery and we avoid keeping him inside out bedrooms cos in the long run the leg of dogs get bent or something. but he has pretty good at skidding on the floor backwards. he would spread his hind legs lay flat oh his lower back and move around the rest of his body with his fore legs :S he likes hiding into corners and the darkest places in the house and for that he needs to squeeze through places. maybe he got his practice there.
so a few words about the leg bending thing that happens to dogs at early age due to slippery floors, how to prevent it etc etc

Also a dog trainer has goten my dad convinced that suji is all a puppy needs. where cerelac is the standard for puppys. now cerelac is pricy. how about this Pedigre(sp?) for puppys dog food that there in the market. it costs half as much as cerelac. and they say its very good for doggys fur(sp? :ashamed: )
so whaddaya feed your dog, pedigre is good?

Well its upto the dog.
Pedegree is overall good for the puppies bcoz its not a smooth food.
It has lots of fibres too. Some puppies like it and some dont. But most of the puppies love it. And it has somewhat rough texture which also helps clean their small teeths.
But ya dont just keep the puppy on 1 food. Give his pedegree in small quantities and multiple feeds for few months as puppies tend to over eat of they like something. Give it small servings 5-6 times a day if possible. Also how old is the puppy. if its more than 2 months old you can start giving him some other regular house food too. FOr first year they do tend to take bite at almost anything they saw including furniture. So give him a rubber ball or something and some chewing sticks. Ball will keep him busy and away from chewing something else. But ya some puppies are real moody devils. My last dog would chew and chase ball for few minutes. And after that get back to chewing my books and furniture :p
I have had 3 dogs so far and 2 cats. :)

No dogs for the last 7-8 Years since my last b**ch died. I had grown too attached and hence have decided against keeping a dog from now on. LOl the one i had used to go crazy on hearing firecrackers and used to run back and forth through the house. She also liked chasing the newspaper boy and milkman :lol: ! For the food i'd say milk, cereal. Dunno about pedigree though..........

As for the lazy part and chewing part dogs get into that habit. So it's a sign to get him a bone. Also take him to for walks in the park. If you go running or jogging in the morning make it a point to exercise the dog along with you, that way he'll no longer be droopy all day :p

do u seriously want turtle?
My friend has 6 year old miniature lake turtle known to live 70-80 years. He is looking for home for him as he is going to USA in september.
I will post the pics of it tomorrow if you want.

Yea maan...am serious....Bandra search ...negative :p
didnt think bout MK thou??....u know whr exactly in Mk...nevertheless...thnx for the info Blade

@Funky

sure do post a pic maan :D ......but me was lookin for a small one :) :cool2:

yep its legal.
only endangeroued species of sea turtles and some select few are not legal to have as pet.
And ya the one which my friend has is small. LItle bigger than say mousepad. thats it. And they dont grow too big either.
When i was child i remember we used to have turtles in Pawai lake area and also dahisar river and national park area. but now they are gone.

nope its not terrapin.
I am aware terrapin is protected species. but terrapin usually has flatter back.
This one is almost semicircle. It will grow a bit but not bigger.

well am doin a research.......

1st am gonna cut it opencheck if it has a stomach...................................then well havent thot yet :S

Back