PF Usage

jayken

Disciple
Hey,

I am using a 256 Mb DDR Ram, in a P4 machine(2.66 ht). The PF Usage on XP seems to be around 320mb most of the time.
1) Is this normal?
2) I am using Firefox 1.5.0.8, and it occupies around 55mb with min of 3 tabs. Again something wrong with this too.

Any solution guys?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks thexfactor.

Any idea about firefox? it acts really wierd.

I don't want to uninstall and install it again, wanna find out why this happens.

It depends a lot on what sites you visit...if you visit flash heavy sites or one which have lots of graphics/images then they'll consume more resource...It shows more than 50mb even for me with te threads in two tab's and gamespot in the 3rd :)

even after closing all the TE tabs and just accessing REDIFF.com, it consumes a whopping 66 mb. This is really abnormal buddy.

IE consumes 23mb. whats wrong with FIREFOX then?

even after closing all the TE tabs and just accessing REDIFF.com, it consumes a whopping 66 mb. This is really abnormal buddy.

IE consumes 23mb. whats wrong with FIREFOX then?

Just open either of the sites that you're just browsing .. it'll hardly take anything more than an instance ... coz firefox caches upto a small no. of sites into the system mem. and then onto the disk for faster browsing experience , and even more if u have fastback enabled ..

Anyway .. u can lower the allocated amount of mem.

Options > Advanced > Cache .. default is 76.8 MB i think .. lower it to around 30 MB ...

Back