Phenom II 965 or 1055T or i5 750 ?

pranut

Adept
Sorry for creating another thread.

I am in deep confusion on which proccy to go for..

I have a budget of Rs.23k for CPU+MOBO+RAM+CABBY..

My main purpose is gaming, watching FULL HD Movies, 24*7 Download RIG..

I dont want more than 2GB RAM at this moment..

Also the MOBO should have the following:

1. USB 3.0 support

2. 2 way Crossfire support

3. SSD support(optional)

I need the Rig to last for atleast 3 years.

I already have MSI R4850 1GB OC edition and CM Real Power 550W PSU.

And Recently I heard there are going to be price cuts for Intel, is it true ? Is it worth waiting for that to happen ?

Kindly SUGGEST..

At tht price ur gonna have to go wit the 965 if u want a decent cabby... 4GB is really recommended as ur gonna be gaming...

965 be - 8500

NZXT gamma-2100

4GB ripskill/corsair-5200

rest on a crossfire mobo... u have about 7200 left... not sure abt this one :p

You'll need more than 2gb after some time and to run it in dual channel you need exactly same ram so you'll have to buy a 4gb kit if you want to buy ram.

4gb Kit Gskill costs Rs.5200

ADD NZXT Gamma + CM red LED 120mm fan = Rs.2600

Gigabyte P-55 UD2= Rs.6250

Core i5 750 = Rs.10000 (this is going to come down ~ 7-8K, i think it's worth the wait)

aman.pitbull said:
You'll need more than 2gb after some time and to run it in dual channel you need exactly same ram so you'll have to buy a 4gb kit if you want to buy ram.

4gb Kit Gskill costs Rs.5200

ADD NZXT Gamma + CM red LED 120mm fan = Rs.2600

Gigabyte P-55 UD2= Rs.6250

Core i5 750 = Rs.10000 (this is going to come down ~ 7-8K, i think it's worth the wait)
He says hes not going to upgrade for the next 2 - 3 yrs and later will throw in a new processor not a new rig so I won't recommend Intel Core series far safer to go in for the AMD hexa cores and 890\880 series motherboard, just my suggestion for a hiccup free platform 2 -3 yrs down the line

Intel Core i5 750 will stay good for another 2 yrs(if not get a decent HSF and make a stand) but if want a more future proof processor you'll have t o spend on AMD's hexa core X6 1090T BE.

aman.pitbull said:
Intel Core i5 750 will stay good for another 2 yrs(if not get a decent HSF and make a stand) but if want a more future proof processor you'll have t o spend on AMD's hexa core X6 1090T BE.
I think its very well worth spending a couple of extra on the two extra cores time shall put them to good use, pun intended :p

There was a post yesterday regarding this on TE, and I read it somewhere on the dozens of tech sites I visit. The drop should be there by the end of july(i.e, now). It may take some time to reflect in India. I hate doing this guess work on price drops as my friend waited for 3 months for 5770's price to drop and finally ended up buying a 2TB :). It sucks here as the dealers ;) do this on purpose by selling for some more time at the older prices.

aman.pitbull said:
There was a post yesterday regarding this on TE, and I read it somewhere on the dozens of tech sites I visit. The drop should be there by the end of july(i.e, now). It may take some time to reflect in India. I hate doing this guess work on price drops as my friend waited for 3 months for 5770's price to drop and finally ended up buying a 2TB :). It sucks here as the dealers ;) do this on purpose by selling for some more time at the older prices.
intel-cpu-price-cut-july-2010,3-G-255436-13.jpg

No price cut for i5 760 so a price cut for i5 750 hasn't been announced yet i think.

pranut said:
Will my CM RP 550W PSU be able to run this without problem ? I have MSi R4850 1GB OC Edition..
I think it will suffice as its Real power, but i cant say u'll have headroom for future upgrades.

pranut said:
Will my CM RP 550W PSU be able to run this without problem ? I have MSi R4850 1GB OC Edition..
I thought I answered this query of yours in another thread? Or are you still not convinced with the response?

Ok so I am not buying the above RIG...As the seller has backed out..

So guys any idea on a mobo for Core i5 750 which has USB 3.0 and Crossfire support which comes in my budget ?

I can extend my budget by 1-2k..

ALSO A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Is it the right time to upgrade ? I mean any price drops or new products coming soon ?

Man the decision to upgrade is solely yours and if you think you can wait for another 6 months or so for Intel's lineup to go mainstream it is up to you as for new releases, there aren't any planned as of now in the Desktop market

Hmmm... ok motherboards for the Core i5 750, you will have to invest in a separate graphics card as no P 55 based board don't have an integrated graphic processor:

MSI P55A GD65 ~ 7K +
Gigabyte GA P55 S3 ~ 7K +
ASUS P7P55D-E ~ 10K +

hope this helps

Back