Philips Radio Alarm Clock loosing time

Guys,

I bought a Philips Radio Alarm Clock from Singapore recently & I'm loosing almost 20-30mins in a day.

I checked the volts & I'm pretty sure its the same in Singapore & India.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
Abhi

Philips Link

I also had a similar problem with an Philips alarm clock brought from UK, it was also losing time. Took it to local service center, they were not willing to take a look at it...as the model was not available in India ...though it had international warranty...after pestering them..they took it up and said its due to some 'frequency' / 'Hertz' used by the internal timer from Electricity which is different from UK and local ...so nothing can be done :(

I am still using it.. not for alarm but as a auto switch off FM player.

Update.

Read the section '60 HERTZ VERSUS 50 HERTZ' from the link for more information. http://www.franks.org/electric.htm

@mahistuffs - Thanks for the info.

India/Singapore/UK all these countries use 230V - 50Hz. So, Im not sure what could be the problem!!!

Tried that already problem is, the battery is only used store the clock memory i.e, if the main power fails the clock remembers the time but the display stops functioning. The display comes back on only when the main power comes back.

I think I've just wasted $S20 on this piece of junk!!!

The frequency in India is never 50Hz. Its poorly regulated and is usually varying between 47-49Hz. The power in UK, Singapore is maintained at 50Hz accurately.

You can buy/build a sine wave UPS for the clock if you want :p

Back